You can type here any text you want

buying an 87 gn question

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
i am interested in buying an 87 gn but there seems to be a problem with the car running at speed. heres my question(s).

the car has a bunch of add ons.
bigger turbo...which one I dont know
front mount intercooler...
adjustible wastegate...
3 inch exhaust single pipe 1 muffler with 2 tips..
4 wheel willwood brakes...
17 bbs wheels...
t tops ..
54000 miles...
chip?...

the seller bought this car at an auction so as far as a paper trail he said he has none ... dont even know what the car has as far as add ons that you cant see...

the car seems to idle fine at 1100 rpm..good or bad...
when test driving the car just coasting around at say 25 mph it seems fine...but when i gave it some gas, tach shot through 5000 rpm...1-5 seconds or so...boost gage on dash and pillar gage read i would say 10... at that point i would say we were going about 30-40 mph and then the car just sputters, hesitates and then acts likes it wants to stall but doesnt...without knowing any other specifics what would be a place to start checking what might be causing this...could it be a fuel problem...wrong gas octane...a problem with the turbo...trans...ecm...injectors...

the car is in excellent shape just dont think its worth what hes asking with the way the motor runs..

since the car is not in my posession i dont know what to do as far as what the seller is willing let me check...taking it to a qualified technician...i am located in southwest ohio if anybody knows of someone...
any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...

I would not concern myself with diagnosing his car. Tell him that you're real interested, BUT not running as is. Ask him to take the car to a qualified shop and have it fixed ( or atleast diagnosed ), and contact you to finalize things when the car is running properly. You really shouldn't get into someone elses problems. Could spell big trouble. Be patient! Brian

I think Lonnie Diers would be the nearest one to you. He might be abel to help you.

Originally posted by Fuelie600
I would not concern myself with diagnosing his car. Tell him that you're real interested, BUT not running as is. Ask him to take the car to a qualified shop and have it fixed ( or atleast diagnosed ), and contact you to finalize things when the car is running properly. You really shouldn't get into someone elses problems. Could spell big trouble. Be patient! Brian

Perfectly said......Especially the PATIENT part.

Back