You can type here any text you want

Buying an '87 GN

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jm87GN

I am currently looking at buying an '87 GN, and need to know what to look for before purchasing. What should I look at mechanically? What tests should I do to confirm that the mtor is sound? Are there any markings or indicators I should look for?

Any advise would be very helpful. I am new to the Turbo Buick world.

what are you looking for in a car?, a low milage stock one?, one that already has some modifications?, or a 9 second car?

Welcome!

Study the TR buyer's guide linked inthe post above....It will help you a LOT!

If you get serious about the car, go to our Regional Forum and ask for a knowledgable boardmember close to you to have a look at the car.

:)

Where are you located? I always find it helpful to meet an owner of a car model I am looking into. He/she will tell you what's what and can point things out on the car.

I went to the track and some car shows before I bought mine and pestered the hell out of the owners but got a lot of useful info :cool:

The Turbo Regal's Buyers Guide link is not functional. I even tried to go onto the gnttype website with no luck. Dos someone have this Guide saved? If so Please email it to me at: tank9282@yahoo.com

And the one I am currently looking into is slightly modified.... Upgraded turbo, injectors and FMIC

If you 're not in a hurry.

TRy KirbanPerformance. com or

https://secure.mysuperpageshosting.com/kirbanperformance.com/book2.html

for Kirbans Book. LOTS of info. Overkill but very knowledgeable....he has bought and sold over well over 200 turbo Buicks.

I have been told that he will occasionally actually answer questions for prospective TR buyers even though you are not buying from him. Maybe if you have specific questions in mind.

yea, gnttype was down for a while .. theyre back up now. that buyers guide is really nice. if you would actually put your city where you live, you may be suprised, as someone just may offer to come out there and help ya out. i know i would if the buyer was near detroit. without a doubt. just watch out for the typical 'front mount intercooler, 200 pound injectors, pt 99 turbo, never raced' ads.. about the biggest thing i would pay attention to are the costly repairs, and the super hard to find replacment parts repairs. check bottom end for knock, exhaust for some smoke, fluids in the oil that shouldnt be there, and cracked or missing interior parts. the rest of the stuff isnt that hard to find/fix in my opinion. and if youre really serious, print a copy of this quick reference guide Quick Reference Page For the '86/'87 Turbo Regals and '89 Turbo T/A
and see if you could borrow someones scanmaster and go code the car out, to see how shes behavin.. just a few tips..

Back