Buying an entire car for a fender well

I am a hoarder. Since the late 60s. House attic is all interior stuff and basement has engines, trannys , parts and a bolt collection I am still adding to. Maybe selling the house in the near future so it is prob goin to the farm in NH. 2 nice big barns. Still has Mustang , Shelby GT350'500 and 427 Cobra parts left over my my old Ford days.
... Now I bought the cars. Pieced them out . Stored all the junk. Nah I won't sell stuff for nothing. I'll let Russ an Melissa do what they want with it when I croak. Prob a BIG DUMPSTER for the attic stuff. Drivetrain he will prob use.
... I also have the same prob as salvageV6.. I usually have a 15 min looking time.. Thats it.

yours truly
GRUMPY :p
fleet.jpg
a.JPG
002.jpg

I am a hoarder. Since the late 60s. House attic is all interior stuff and basement has engines, trannys , parts and a bolt collection I am still adding to. Maybe selling the house in the near future so it is prob goin to the farm in NH. 2 nice big barns. Still has Mustang , Shelby GT350'500 and 427 Cobra parts left over my my old Ford days.
... Now I bought the cars. Pieced them out . Stored all the junk. Nah I won't sell stuff for nothing. I'll let Russ an Melissa do what they want with it when I croak. Prob a BIG DUMPSTER for the attic stuff. Drivetrain he will prob use.
... I also have the same prob as salvageV6.. I usually have a 15 min looking time.. Thats it.

yours truly
GRUMPY :p
View attachment 340741View attachment 340742View attachment 340743

But your grumpy. See, if you just donated all your parts your name would be Happy. LOLOL. Nice to have that "Bolt" your looking for at any moment i'll give you that.

can't take it to the grave
No. You can not.

My small little life means nearly nothing to me. At only 47 years old, most of my excessive selfish interests have long since been satisfied. And now they have been abandoned in favor trying to pursue a life of living efficient, small, clean, and beautiful. And also trying to providing a trouble free seamless transition to my only 2 loved ones. They have no real love or use for my Buick. Nor do they need the burden of dealing with the ugly diseases of hoarding, disorganization, filth, and financial obligation when I am gone. What they need is trouble free money. And selling my belongings for peanuts and buying a few dumpsters and Central American day-laborers to load them is not the way to get it.

Nor do they need to see me as a person who portrays this behavior. For their sake, I would like to uphold a certain image in our social circle, and I believe this is unacceptable and may result in considerable embarrassment for them. Every minute I feel a new pain that prevents me from going to work, all I think about is what I can do to make it easier for them. Family health history and my cultural upbringing pretty much almost guarantees I won't live to retirement. If I get just one whiff of uncertainty, I will sell and close on what very little unfinished business I may have (including the Twin Turbo technological nightmare) while I can still handle the things that only I know intimately. I consider it selfish, irresponsible and absolutely punishable by burning in hell, to leave this shit for them to deal with.

I have asked. If there is anything you wan't, let me know and I'll do what I can to keep it for you. Answer was no. "Don't do to us what your father is going to do to you and your siblings."

My Father will destroy the relationships of me and my siblings when he is gone and will leave us with immeasurable complexities we don't have the physical health or strength or time for. It will take years to sort out. Fortunately I don't need any of his life's accomplishments. But I also don't need these financial obligations either. His entire life's work will be wasted in the moment of his last breath.

Other than this and a few other small gripes, I'm generally a happy person :ROFLMAO:. Because time and waste are always on my mind I try my best to make every minute great.

I do hoard just the parts I need in case something breaks on my car, so I wouldn't really call that hoarding , was taught at an early age " always be prepared"

No. You can not.

Unrelated but similar, I just went through a lifetime collection of my dad's eclectic crap. I will spare the details but as above, I intend not to leave the same situation for our heirs. My stuff is reasonably limited but this house is pretty full. Fortunately I use most everything I do have rather than simply hoarding - nothing wrong with having spare parts that are relevant. But I am actively reducing unneeded clutter, slowly but surely.

I do hoard just the parts I need in case something breaks on my car, so I wouldn't really call that hoarding , was taught at an early age " always be prepared"
Sure. A spare cam sensor. Maybe a few sensors. Some general inventory in service parts. It's a matter of convenience and opportunity when it presents it's self. I even have a spare stage block, crank and rods. In the smallest possible sealed plywood box on wheels.

But spare frames? Body parts? Enough to build 5 or 6 cars when you only plan to own one that runs? Then comes the make-believe plans to build another before you die. But that almost never gets done. And then storing them in the yard with all kinds of other junk? In a neighborhood where others have to look at this filth?

Maybe this is OK on 25 acre plots in the middle of a flyover state. But doing this in well manicured suburban or nearly urban setting or anywhere where anyone has to look at it is just horrifying! And then people are disappointed when third world refugees feel at home on their street?

haha , but thank god for those people ,when yours gets wrecked or hit and you need something, gotta love the bone yards too LOL

Wow. Gettin' all cryptic up in he'ah! ;)
Cryptic how?

I hope I'm not offending anyone. I understand there are many different scenarios as to how these decisions are made.

Take Grumpy for instance. Melissa races. She enjoys cars and parts, I assume. His stuff might be just as valuable to her as it is to him. His home is beautiful. With finished well maintained vehicles parked out front. It's non offensive to his neighbors, if he even has any. And he plans to store the rest of his stuff on a farm far away.

My neighbors and father used to be this way too. But no one in my old neighborhood speaks English any longer. And they obviously brought their preferred lifestyles with them to my old street. And so now he doesn't car either.

My old neighbors spoke a foreign language as well.. But they forgot it to speak English. And it scared them to think that people would call them filthy if they left a mess to be seen.

Last edited:
Cryptic how?

I hope I'm not offending anyone. I understand there are many different scenarios as to how these decisions are made.

Take Grumpy for instance. Melissa races. She enjoys cars and parts, I assume. His stuff might be just as valuable to her as it is to him. His home is beautiful. With finished well maintained vehicles parked out front. It's non offensive to his neighbors, if he even has any. And he plans to store the rest of his stuff on a farm far away.

My neighbors and father used to be this way too. But no one in my old neighborhood speaks English any longer. And they obviously brought their preferred lifestyles with them to my old street. And so now he doesn't car either.

My old neighbors spoke a foreign language as well.. But they forgot it to speak English. And it scared them to think that people would call them filthy if they left a mess to be seen.

There's no offending here. Re-read your comments. I'm just saying the thread took a bit of weird turn toward mortality here and turned a completely different direction from the OP's original "rant", that's all.

Not that I care about the direction, but everyday I can get out of bed is a good day., do you disagree?

Last edited:
Yes it did. But that's only because the OP finally found the inner wheel well he was looking for. Now I figured we just vent, share, and have a little fun.

Also, I'm feeling a little shitty and bored. I'm stuck with a badly injured knee that kept me from making a shit load of money this week and many more to come. Having an emergency procedure tomorrow morning and there will be many more to come.

I often think I should drink more often. But then there would be no escape for you guys,

Yes it did. But that's only because the OP finally found the inner wheel well he was looking for. Now I figured we just vent, share, and have a little fun.

Also, I'm feeling a little shitty and bored. I'm stuck with a badly injured knee that kept me from making a shit load of money this week and many more to come. Having an emergency procedure tomorrow morning and there will be many more to come.

I often think I should drink more often. But then there would be no escape for you guys,

I agree. Have a drink or two. :)

Sorry for your luck with the physical stuff, get better soon!

I'll creek and crack and moan and groan and hurt all over as I climb out of bed tomorrow, but I'm climbing out of bed.........:cool:

I hope.......

Last edited:
can't take it to the grave

well my parents collected antiques since the mid 60's. mother still likes looking at them. Goin to be many years thinning it out. Gives me something to do . my stuff I don't care . Have the space and it's almost all organized now. Hell had one car for 42 years. Drove it for one summer :cool: . I really want to go on an old car buying binge again :pYou would be surprised how many car guys are like this up here.

Sorry, I always think its funny when someone buys a cheap car that needs everything and thinks it can be restore for cheap. Never has been the case. I learned long ago ou never make money off cars unless you are building someone else car.

I know plenty of guys with more money in their cars than they will ever get out. My advice has always been ,never buy a car to restore if you think your going to make money in the end. Not going to happen 90% of the time.

Sorry, I always think its funny when someone buys a cheap car that needs everything and thinks it can be restore for cheap. Never has been the case. I learned long ago ou never make money off cars unless you are building someone else car.

I know plenty of guys with more money in their cars than they will ever get out. My advice has always been ,never buy a car to restore if you think your going to make money in the end. Not going to happen 90% of the time.

Lots of guys look for "father & son projects" . I have bought a few after sonny discovered girls an lost interest in the car. :p YES you will be way over what the car is worth BUT some don't have all the money for a done nice car. So they pick away at it as $$$$ comes available. And YES they will take a bath when they want to sell it 99.9% of the time ;)

OK back to inner plastic wheel wells. :) I'd hate to see shipping cost on something like that. AND to box it up so it gets there in one piece.

Not if you talk to my mechanic! According to him, he's broke :ROFLMAO: But that might have something to do with all the junk he hordes:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
This is for sure!

I started to build my car 20 years ago to keep it. Simply because there is was no car at any cost that I liked better. And good thing I didn't wait. Because here we are 20 years later, and there still isn't a single piece of shit on any market for any amount I would prefer. And when time and money allow, and my taste and style change, it will still be cheaper to modify it accordingly.

Lots of guys look for "father & son projects"
My daughter wanted me to pick-up a cheap early 80's convertible corvette as a project car for the both of us. Problem was I know it would've ended up being a "father & father" project. So I shut that down instantly.

Especially after she flipped the family car over on its back on one of our local highways. (she didn't even get a scratch and no other cars/people were involved)

People are out of their FUCK**G minds with pricing parts on these cars. I need a fender well. I got a price of $350 and $650. Are you kidding me? Dont try to justify this either becuase its not. $2000 for goodyear eagle GT, $1200 for fender wells, $1000 for door seals, $500 hood pad, $1500 brake booster. Im at almost $7,000 right there. You think youre ever going to get that $ back? You think if i put these NOS parts on a shit $4000 car its going to be worth $11,000? LOL nope. Get your freakin heads checked people. And thats just the beginning. Its absurd how people are pricing parts for these cars. I hope OPGI comes out with everything soon and your left hoarding a pile of 30 year old shit!!

What im left with is this, I am buying an entire car with a good passenger fender well, switching mine that has a crack in it out after i repair it, washing the car, and re-selling it. To get a FUck**g fender well. I cant. so done with these cars.
Yeah, totally agree with you. Some of these fools take this shit to serious. "I need to replace a bolt, but I'm afraid if I do someone will be able to tell it was replaced." Or, "I can only use genuine Grand National bolts on my car." Shit like that.... I say to those people.....get a fuckin life. Then you have the morons where their place looks like Sanford & Son because they think old rusted out Buick parts are actually worth something...... Try using that shit for for collateral and see how far it gets you!