Buying an entire car for a fender well

87we410877

People are out of their FUCK**G minds with pricing parts on these cars. I need a fender well. I got a price of $350 and $650. Are you kidding me? Dont try to justify this either becuase its not. $2000 for goodyear eagle GT, $1200 for fender wells, $1000 for door seals, $500 hood pad, $1500 brake booster. Im at almost $7,000 right there. You think youre ever going to get that $ back? You think if i put these NOS parts on a shit $4000 car its going to be worth $11,000? LOL nope. Get your freakin heads checked people. And thats just the beginning. Its absurd how people are pricing parts for these cars. I hope OPGI comes out with everything soon and your left hoarding a pile of 30 year old shit!!

What im left with is this, I am buying an entire car with a good passenger fender well, switching mine that has a crack in it out after i repair it, washing the car, and re-selling it. To get a FUck**g fender well. I cant. so done with these cars.

Sad, but unfortunately the stuff is drying up, and the up swinging prices of cars are driving the parts up, too.
I have a 70 Buick GS stage 1. The drivetrain is totally original except the quadrajet carb. I’ve been quoted anywhere from $2000-3000 for a usable core carburetor with the correct part number. Crazy, especially for a quadrajunk.
I knew I’d see ultra low mile grand nationals selling in the $40k +, but I never thought it would be this soon.

I got a scolding PM by an unhinged member 10 years ago for asking $25 for a aluminum double pumper Y. It was the most bizarre thing I ever read. No one would ever build a car with NOS parts. Only a purist would buy a NOS part to complete their cherry museum piece. The rest of us are fine with usable used replacement parts like the ones I used to pull out of junk yards years ago. FYI, I did buy a whole non-running n/a car for $75 to replace the header panel and fender on my car. Sold it to a scrap yard afterward for $75. Free parts.

I get your point, but I'm not sure why the rant?

These cars were pretty expensive to replace parts on back in '86-'87, when parts were plentiful. That has never changed. Well, except that the parts are no longer plentiful, in fact, OEM parts are becoming like hens teeth.

Why would it change now? Look at prices for NOS parts for other "collectible" cars. They're nuts, and many of those cars were made in much greater numbers and they have WAY more aftermarket support.

I'm not saying it's right, but it is what it is. Capitalism.

Not to be a wise ass, but if you don't like Capitalism, make a stand and vote for AOC's New Green Deal....:eek::D:oops::eek:

Wanna cheap to keep hot rod? Buy a Ferd Moostang.

Nothin' but love for everybody here!

Last edited:
I agree the prices for some stuff insane. Had to fender wells when i wrecked other car,gave them away free. Sorry you werent in need then.

The way I see it, if you don't like the asking price, don't buy it!

These cars are like '63 Split Widow Corvettes. Only parts from THAT year fit THAT car...
Ask me how I know.

"Dude, I gotta sorta, kinda, near OEM part that came out my Gramma's 87 Regal with a 305 that just might, or might not, fit your car that I can sell you for cheap........."

Hate to be the bearer of bad news but, buy the right parts or you get to hack them to fit.

This is just the way it is.

Unfortunately, nobody out there owes you a good deal.

Last edited:
I get your point, but I'm not sure why the rant?

These cars were pretty expensive to replace parts on back in '86-'87, when parts were plentiful. That has never changed. Well, except that the parts are no longer plentiful, in fact, OEM parts are becoming like hens teeth.

Why would it change now? Look at prices for NOS parts for other "collectible" cars. They're nuts, and many of those cars were made in much greater numbers and they have WAY more aftermarket support.

I'm not saying it's right, but it is what it is. Capitalism.

Not to be a wise ass, but if you don't like Capitalism, make a stand and vote for AOC's New Green Deal....:eek::D:oops::eek:

Wanna cheap to keep hot rod? Buy a Ferd Moostang.

Nothin' but love for everybody here!

Oh no you didn’t lol. I get your point. I’ve had these cars for 15 years it’s just funny when i sell stuff I get 10 cents on the dollar, and then when I need it it’s like a blood diamond. I’ve owned one mustang. My first and last. 66. I’ve owned 6 87 turbo Buick’s. Sold my We4 for 15k last year. But it seems now in parts would be worth 80k. Restoring a car with the utmost quality parts and not cutting corners is just taking a toll on me. Few more months. Check out t type frame off restoration. Dark blue car. In the auto body restoration Section.

And I am by no means a cheap ass. Everything on this car is NOS or ac delco. I don’t sell shit. Would rather take a loss than be embarrassed. Here’s my front air dam set up. All oem. And some hood pads. Why not.

Attachments

• F32F8E95-FDEF-4BCB-BF88-2DCC7CA20100.jpeg
    F32F8E95-FDEF-4BCB-BF88-2DCC7CA20100.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • E91AB6C6-2271-4A2E-B309-411EA3CCD28C.jpeg
    E91AB6C6-2271-4A2E-B309-411EA3CCD28C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 62
But if it’s the last piece I need, what do I do? I’ve bought whole cars for under a grand . People wants that for door seals lol
I feel your pain. Just plopped down $500 for both the right & left OEM GM Roof Rail & Pillar Weatherstripping (still in the wrappers). OUCH !!! My ass is still hurting. Mine will never be a show car or a garage queen nor do I want it to be. I will drive the hell out of it and enjoy every minute of it all the while knowing that those roof rail weatherstripping are good Ol' GM...... just like the car........ and the driver behind the wheel ;)

I feel your pain. Just plopped down $500 for both the right & left OEM GM Roof Rail & Pillar Weatherstripping (still in the wrappers). OUCH !!! My ass is still hurting. Mine will never be a show car or a garage queen nor do I want it to be. I will drive the hell out of it and enjoy every minute of it all the while knowing that those roof rail weatherstripping are good Ol' GM...... just like the car........ and the driver behind the wheel ;)

If it makes you feel any better, I need both roof rails and the lower door seals. F me.

that was yesterday and yesterdays gone. :p as time goes by its not goin to get any cheaper.

Just gotta find the guy whose not hoarding parts and wants to help a fellow turbo buick guy. Hoarders will be hoarders. They can keep their mess.

Got a fender well BTW after 2-3 months of looking.

Just gotta find the guy whose not hoarding parts and wants to help a fellow turbo buick guy. Hoarders will be hoarders. They can keep their mess.

Got a fender well BTW after 2-3 months of looking.

About Hoarders.................................

You know, It's funny.

I probably have total, about 5 frigging things on my entire car that are still stock.! Which means everything else I no longer needed. And you know what I did with all those parts? I gave them all away. I have NEVER sold a Buick part in my life!

I've been told I'm a little bit of a maniac by many. And before others think I'm judging them for their lifestyle choices, let me say that I am not. But I try to find some philosophy and logic in almost everything I do. And for the life of me, I will never understand how people can live their lives surrounded by clutter. It reminds me of the old George Carlin sketch ("More Stuff"). People just aren't happy until they acquire every piece of shit they can get their hands on. I even happen to know a few individuals who even go through the trouble to steal shit just because they think the stuff is valuable. And the confusing part, is they won't ever sell this stuff, and they won't ever use it either. Sad disease that I unfortunately will be left with the burden to sort through one day.

I personally enjoy keeping my life and it's surroundings as beautiful as I can within my time and financial constraints. And clutter, (the 10 speed bike, the 80's fringe leather jacket and acid washed jeans, the factory evaporator canister, factory fuel tank, music CDs, broken lawn furniture, shit piled along the garage, plastic shit piled on the front porch, draws filled with broken cell phones, and trillions of other things) are simply plain ugly. Years ago, I realized I always made a grab for the 2 pairs of jeans I liked the best in my closet. Today, every pair of jeans I own I like equally as well. As soon as one pair becomes less preferred..............That minute, It goes right in the garbage!

Even when it comes to peoples homes. I see these 3 acre lots in my area with 7,000 square foot homes on them that look like total un-kept shit holes. To not need this space for human occupants or business reasons, and to live around this ugliness and not be able to afford to make it an absolute paradise, makes no sense to me. I'd prefer to live in a small home on a 50 foot lot and have that house and yard look like a frigging museum in the garden of Eden any day.

When did so many Americans loose the sophistication we used to be so proud of? Is it because 3rd world culture is becoming the new norm for North America?

About Hoarders.................................

You know, It's funny.

I probably have total, about 5 frigging things on my entire car that are still stock.! Which means everything else I no longer needed. And you know what I did with all those parts? I gave them all away. I have NEVER sold a Buick part in my life!

I've been told I'm a little bit of a maniac by many. And before others think I'm judging them for their lifestyle choices, let me say that I am not. But I try to find some philosophy and logic in almost everything I do. And for the life of me, I will never understand how people can live their lives surrounded by clutter. It reminds me of the old George Carlin sketch ("More Stuff"). People just aren't happy until they acquire every piece of shit they can get their hands on. I even happen to know a few individuals who even go through the trouble to steal shit just because they think the stuff is valuable. And the confusing part, is they won't ever sell this stuff, and they won't ever use it either. Sad disease that I unfortunately will be left with the burden to sort through one day.

I personally enjoy keeping my life and it's surroundings as beautiful as I can within my time and financial constraints. And clutter, (the 10 speed bike, the 80's fringe leather jacket and acid washed jeans, the factory evaporator canister, factory fuel tank, music CDs, broken lawn furniture, shit piled along the garage, plastic shit piled on the front porch, draws filled with broken cell phones, and trillions of other things) are simply plain ugly. Years ago, I realized I always made a grab for the 2 pairs of jeans I liked the best in my closet. Today, every pair of jeans I own I like equally as well. As soon as one pair becomes less preferred..............That minute, It goes right in the garbage!

Even when it comes to peoples homes. I see these 3 acre lots in my area with 7,000 square foot homes on them that look like total un-kept shit holes. To not need this space for human occupants or business reasons, and to live around this ugliness and not be able to afford to make it an absolute paradise, makes no sense to me. I'd prefer to live in a small home on a 50 foot lot and have that house and yard look like a frigging museum in the garden of Eden any day.

When did so many Americans loose the sophistication we used to be so proud of? Is it because 3rd world culture is becoming the new norm for North America?

Well said. I am very much like you. If i dont use it in a year, and it can be replaced, Gonzo!