buying blank eproms??

U

ucandoit

Does anyone know where I can get some blank 2732A eproms? Just wanna know where custom chip burners buy them from at a reasonable price..?

TIA

M. banas
87 GN

There are a plethora of places to buy blank proms. Often you will find that there is a minimum purchase requriement of 50 pieces.

I believe the last few I bought were from JDR Microdevices.

There is another large supplier that I bought from which is well known and I have gone totally blank...

anyway, there was no minimum as I recall as I only bought five.

Thanks Steve.. I'm gonna call tommorrow..

Mike Banas
87GN

BGMicro has them also but I have heard their packing skills leave a bit to me desired. You can take a look at their website at www.bgmicro.com.

FWIW, you should probably make sure whatever you get is already erased because it can be a real chore to scrape stickers off of eproms that have been on there for 15+ years. I buy mine not erased because they are much cheaper but it always sucks when I'm scraping stickers and trying to get all the adhesive off.

Just purchased 15 for $32.25 to my door. Every other place wants 5.00 or more for one.. Company is Bgmicro.. Thanks Jay!

EPM2732 or 2732A

On that order, you got the EPM2732's right? Ive looked at several different sites and they have those and the 2732A. Is there a difference?

David

If you go to www.bgmicro.com and click under their online catalog you can order 10/$17.50. It is an EPROM special. It lists 2732 and I'm not sure what the EPM is though? I guess I will wait and find out..

Originally posted by NC87GN
If you go to www.bgmicro.com and click under their online catalog you can order 10/$17.50. It is an EPROM special. It lists 2732 and I'm not sure what the EPM is though? I guess I will wait and find out..

BG sends you the 2732A. I've had pretty good luck with them. Yep, their packing does suck though. They pile them all together. Sometimes you'll get bent pins but I've been able to straighten them out pretty easily.