You can type here any text you want

c00l state trooper car..

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I kinda miss the days when the fastest police sedan was a Caprice that struggled to get to 115 with a light bar.You could duck off an exit before they got to 70.

Originally posted by victa1
I kinda miss the days when the fastest police sedan was a Caprice that struggled to get to 115 with a light bar.You could duck off an exit before they got to 70.

Well the rumor mill has it that dodge/chrysler is redoing the intrepid with a rwd hemi powered edition... like the concept charger but 4 door police edition. aught to be bad azz.

You know, I grew up in Colorado and I don't know about other states, but they were always big on getting the 'Staties' the newest Camaros. For as long as I can remember, the Vail, CO. police department has driven Saabs exclusively.

Does anybody remember the FBI's choice for a vehicle back in the 80s?:D :cool:

I thought those pics were photoshopped according to the folks on ls1.com, but now that i look close those seem to be legit. fun rides i bet

crap! like they don't have fast enough cars right now! their cameros run low 14's at the track, plenty fast enough for a cop. it doesnt' look photoshoped to me, if it was they did an excellent job with the ligiting, and it is in a state partoll garage, look at the camero in the background, it looks like it had its stripes just taken off. on the up side in a few years we can start getting wrx's dirt cheap from them!

For a long time in the late 80's and early 90's the California HiWay Patrol used Mustang coupes. Also used Volvo 850 r's for a short while. They now have mostly Crown Vic's and run some Camaro's too. Nothing worse than having to watch for all kinds of cars with the low line led light bars and not seeing them until too late. That and they cruise around on BMW motorcycle too. Mark

the local police around here are using regular cars. they go to the dealership and buy popular cars in popular colors, you never know if the guy behind you is a cop or not. no spot lights, no big front bumper, no lights, they even have normal lisence plates.

almost like hawaii where the cops drive their own cars, that wouldn't be any good for geting buy with stuff.

ya when they try to pull you over, just run and if you get caught be like "i thought it was a cop impersonator trying to rape me, im not gonna pull over for a pedestrian with a flashing light!'

Back