You can type here any text you want

cable for laptop

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

xlolax

is anyone using a usb to 9 pin serial cable to hook up to the ecu?

is any one having problems?

Do a search on this subject in this forum.

There are a couple of threads on this one.

From TurboMustangs.com:
I figured out what was wrong. The USB to serial adapter was a POS so I bought another. So for u guys looking to use newer laptops with USB to serial adapters stay away from the I/Ogear adapter and get a Key-span. This one set up easy and I have no problems with communication between laptop and fast box.

Originally posted by Mikes88Stang
From TurboMustangs.com:
I figured out what was wrong. The USB to serial adapter was a POS so I bought another. So for u guys looking to use newer laptops with USB to serial adapters stay away from the I/Ogear adapter and get a Key-span. This one set up easy and I have no problems with communication between laptop and fast box.

it is an I/O gear...did u have the same problem, where it will connect and then say it can not find ecu?

where did u get yours?? like a best buy or something?

thanks

The only one I have personally tested is a Belkin F5U-103. Unfortunately that one is sixty bucks. There are cheaper ones that work but I just don't remember what they are.

I believe we now have an inventory of these and will be selling them soon. Try searching on this subject and see if you can find a different part number for less money. I think you can find ones that work for about 15 bucks.

I just purchased a F5U-109 and am having trouble getting it to work. I am thinking the driver that came with the adapter may be conflicting with an existing factory usb driver. Sound feasible?

I tried for 2 days to get the F5U-109 to work. I can't do it. If anyone else has, PLEASE let me know. I have two of them on my desk now.

Talk about pulling your hair out! :mad:

Back