You can type here any text you want

Cad Cimarron Power Seat Conversion ??

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

m233roller

Banned
Anyone on here ever do the Cad. Cimarron power seat conversion for the passenger side??
Thanks Mike

My car has that mod, cant tell you how it
Was done but I know Kirban friend Pete Serio installed it at some point, need pics or anything?

I have my eye out for the parts but havent come across them in my budget yet. Just a matter of time.

Anyone on here ever do the Cad. Cimarron power seat conversion for the passenger side??
Thanks Mike
Mike, I did it myself on my car…looks factory installed. (y)

Claude. ;)
DSC00001.JPG

Last edited:
passenger power seat 014.jpg
Passenger Power Seat Trim (1).jpg
Did mine, I ran the orange wire to power up and behind the dash. Modified the track legs to bring the seat in some.

Did mine, I ran the orange wire to power up and behind the dash. Modified the track legs to bring the seat in some.
X2. ;) When I did mine I did my best to make it look as if the car came out of the factory that way. This included routing an original orange/black power wire under the carpet all the way to the power outlet under the dash, finding a right side plastic trim piece that houses the switches. Then some minor rewiring was needed so the seat moved in the wanted direction when a switch is pushed (because when using a driver side power seat track on the passenger side, the wires have to be reversed for the up and down feature to operate correctly and then, interchanged from the front motor with the rear motor for the whole seat to go in the right direction).
Last, the only thing remaining was to modify the seat "legs" so the seat is moved inboard 1" because the track, intended to be used on the left side puts the seat too much near the door when used on the right side causing the seat to come in contact with the seat belt anchor in the floor. Moving the seat 1" towards the console solves the problem.
- That's it!...A perfect "original" looking passenger's power seat installation! (y)

Claude :)

Back