Calif smog rules to spread like cancer

injdinjn

The latest SEMA newsletter had the following

In Tenn they passed two new smog laws.
1) If remote sensing is implemented and your vehicle passes thru one and passed the test you will not need that years inspection.

2) If 50% of the States adopt Calif smog rules this TN bill will automatically adopt Calif smog rules.

WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT CALIF'S BS SMOG RULES WILL EVENTUALLY INFEST YOUR STATE.
KEEP ALL YOUR SMOG EQUIPMENT - YOU MAY NEED IT.
Smog rules in CA require smog checks for vehicles 1976 and newer.

This is why I sold my 87 GN a while back. I had to do the smog test every year, so I put everything back on, passed the test, took it all off until the next year.

Thats what they want. Everyone driving a new car. Increased license fees, increased sale tax.
Exxon-mobil had a commercial on tonight saying cars today are 95% less polluting than cars of the 70's. If thats true what the Fk more do they want.

Weird since IL is very left and we only do OBD 2 testing and up now. Some counties here weren't even testing if I remember correctly.

This won't be a big deal when all the new technologies hit the market to slowly get off oil.

This won't be a big deal when all the new technologies hit the market to slowly get off oil.

Pipe dream - not in our lifetimes.

And with the carbon footprint rules being written right now, smog checks will be a pittance compared to carbon taxes.