Calling anyone running a 3000 stall converter, what is your RPMs and behavior?

Running some numbers
At 65mph with the converter locked, 245/50r16 tire in 3rd gear and 3.42 gear you should see 2900rpm.

OD and 2000 rpm would put you at 65mph

With a 3.73 in OD at 2150 you'd be at 65mph.

When the rpm's shoot up with throttle input, it looks like it's not locked. Are you giving it enough throttle that it unlock's?

I bought the rear from a well known member on here, and I can say that I am almost positive, but even if it were a 3:73 the RPMs still dont make sense

Running some numbers
At 65mph with the converter locked, 245/50r16 tire in 3rd gear and 3.42 gear you should see 2900rpm.

OD and 2000 rpm would put you at 65mph

With a 3.73 in OD at 2150 you'd be at 65mph.

When the rpm's shoot up with throttle input, it looks like it's not locked. Are you giving it enough throttle that it unlock's?
Me and Lonnie are betting its the converter that is slipping and when going up a hill its not locking even though the computer is sending the signal. As you can see in my videos before I am reaching 2900 with light foot in the throttle, just to keep speed up at 70 mph

i would be interested in what you discover. ... i have a similiar issue. lock up commanded by ecm. can hear soleniod actuating when i ground the circuit. 10" ptc converter 2800 stall. i grounded circuit manually while driving. which should lock the converter as it shifts to 2 nd gear. converter is not locking. looking at your signature . i also have a ea trans.

me and Lonnie are fearing the converter is not mechanically locking as when climbing a hill, it increases in RPM with the converter locked up with a switch. After I address my issues with low oil pressure and get the engine back together it is coming out and getting replaced. I believe I have the same converter you have except for the extra 200 stall. By any chance is this a newer converter?

Last edited: