You can type here any text you want

Calling car electronics gurus! Help me out with DVD player info, please!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

SinistrV6

Valve Monkey
Here's the deal. I want a DVD player in my Avalanche.

Should I buy:

A. Flip down monitor with remote player (can PS2 be used as the player?)

B. Remote unit with two headrest monitors (I have 2 small children, Avalanche is kinda wide to be sharing a screen unless it's pretty large)

C. A "DVD-in-a-bag" portable setup

Also, what should I expect to pay? I don't need top-of-the-line stuff but I don't want junk either, so suggestions are welcome on brands and models as well.

Anything in particular in terms of features that I should demand/avoid?

Sorry for all the questions but this isn't my field of expertise! Respond here, e-mail, PM....whatever's easiest for you!

Thanks,

dvd

PS2 plays dvd's. Blaupunkt has reasonable priced dvd players too.
You will need a rf modulator to feed sound into ur factory radio and a monitor to watch it. Go to www.partsexpress.com and they carry Blaupunkt and some cheaply priced screens.

this may help

Their are many ways you can put screens in. It all depends on your budget. and the quallity of what you want. Their are advanges and disadvanges to every one you well have to be the judge. The flip down screen you can get with built in dvd player but it is the more exspensive of the ways, about 1500-2000 and if you ever deside to sell the vehicle there goes that money because it can not be removed. The headrest are probaly the best way all around. It well run you around 2-250 a screen for a desent one though I would go a head THough you would be able to remove these screens and but in what ever other vehicale you get. and but a basic dvd player in, I got a dvd player that is made to plug in to cigarete light for 59 dollars, alot better than a 200 dollar one. the other think that cost money I should tell you is the little thinks like installation, the modulator dvd or/both playstaion, etc...

Thanks for the replies and info...

There wasn't a place in the Avalanche to mount the DVD player where I could reach it from the driver's or passenger's front seat. My kids are too young to do it themselves so this was important since this is primarily an expensive pacifier for long trips.

What I ended up buying was this:

a. Alpine audio head unit
b. Myron and Davis DVD/MP3 player
(removed factory double din CD/radio and stacked the two units in it's place)
c. Alpine 7" flip down for rear passengers (flush mounted, looks great!)
d. Farhenheit 5" monitor in passenger side visor

$1500 installed. I've had it a couple of weeks now and love it.

Back