You can type here any text you want

Cam sensor & FAST

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisCairns

So I just fired up my new engine. No oil pressure. First thought was I'd lost the prime. I had originally primed it on the stand but I had to drain the oil and turn the engine over to remove the pan to check on something. I attempted to remove the cam sensor to reprime it and found the cam sensor had popped out because some stupid person hadn't put in the hold down bolt and washer.

It's now fixed and running nicely.

However, out of curiosity, how would the engine start, probably 4 times, without a cam sensor?? I'm thinking that the cam would still be turning the sensor but the odds of having it in the correct position are pretty slim after it popped out.

My question......Does FAST really need a cam sensor to start the car??

Thanks, Chris

Chris,
the FAST doesn't need the cam signal, the CCCI does. Without it, no spark and no fuel. It must've turned enough to set the pulsetrain, even though it's not in sequence with the rest of the engine, but enough to start it.

John

Oddly enough I had the same issue a week or two ago with oil pressure.

Somehow I had replaced the bolt that ties the cam sensor down with one that was to long. I didn't realize it and as a result the sensor some how popped up enough to disengage from the oil pump. I can't help but to think it was still engaged with the cam gear though.

Back