Cam Sensor setting

TurboWh1

Its been a wile since I had to set a cam sensor on a 86-87 engine. I ended up with a Caspers cam setting tool but have never used one. From what I recall the #1 needs to be on top dead center and then I think you rotate the crank clockwise / after top dead center 25 degrees. I think it was aprox 1.125 inches AFTDC. I recall measuring some distance on a piece of tape and moving the crank that distance. I also recall using a multimeter on the sensor and moving it until the voltage went away. Maybe the blue wire? Can someone please clarify the process for me?

Thanks!!! I was able to get it set but the sensor is pointed at the oil filter area. I know the directions say it should be pointed at the drivers at 3 oclock but does that really matter?

Doesn't matter at all. Really, all that matters is that the window is in sync with the 25 deg. ATDC, regardless of where it is.

Doesn't matter at all. Really, all that matters is that the window is in sync with the 25 deg. ATDC, regardless of where it is.

Outstanding! I was hoping that was the case. I looked at my other Turbo Regal and it was in a slightly different spot as well. Thanks for the clarification and Your cam tool sure beats using a multimeter!!!