You can type here any text you want

Cam sensor........

• Thread starter Thread starter 91cam447
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

91cam447

Hi Everyone, I am new to the board but have been reading and getting alot of insight from you guys for quite awhile. I have a question that I can't seem to get answered. I don't have a GN but maybe someone on here can help me. I have a BBChevy that I am trying to get the F.A.S.T. unit setup and going. I understand how to get the crank trigger setup. Ok, here is where I am having problems. I have to run a front drive distributor due to lack of manifold clearence. This requires me to use a MSD cam sync sensor w/ the magnet installed on the Jesel cam pulley. Now, the manual says to verify that the cam trigger occurs 10* sooner than the crank trigger but not more than 45* sooner. Now, when I installed the cam trigger I set the #1 cyl. at 70* BTDC and drilled my pilot hole for the sensor in the bracket and touched the cam pulley so I would know where to put the magnet. How do I go about verifying that it is triggering within the "window?" Or, is the "window" so big that you really don't have to check it? Am I missing something? One more question and I will stop rambling on. What in the software settings has to be changed in order to get the individual cyl. controls to work? I have the SEFI unit w/ NOS controls and the individual cyl. controls. The software is the windows version. I hope someone here can answer these questions. You guys have a great site here as you have helped me understand a great deal about the F.A.S.T unit. Thank you.

Brad

I assume you have the crank angle at around 50 degrees. If this assumption is correct, you should be good to go. The window is a great big bay window. You could drive a bus through it. :D

You will see a little piston/rod icon in the lower right corner of the screen when you go online if your ECU has the individual cylinder control (ICC) option. Even if it doesn't, you can still use the individual cylinder controls to verify that your cam trigger is in the right spot. Just rev the engine over 2000 RPM, go into the ICC screen, and pull 10 degrees of timing out of the #1 cylinder. You should see the change on the timing light. If your ECU has the ICC option, this change will stay in the ECU. If it doesn't, the ICC controls will zero themselves when you cycle power on the ECU. This allows you to verify the cam sync and try the ICC option for free. If you like it you can buy it from your dealer.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Craig. Yes I do have the crank angle set and I just had my unit upgraded to the Individual Cyl. Controls w/ 4 stage nitrous control. :D Thanks for the response.

Back