cam suggestions

fnsikser

sentramental 4eva
i have an 86 t-type that i'm freshening up the motor...my question is does comp make some type of mild cam that i would be able to throw in while i'm replacing everything else....i just figure while i have it apart i might as well upgrade...the car has a 44 on it with 3" dp and exhaust,hot wire kit and the other basics...any suggestions would be great...thanks

204 roller cam- bite the bullet, and spend the $$ to get it done now, since the car is apart. Also, get the heads worked while you have them off- that's where a lot of the power is.

Doing both now will allow you to upgrade further in the future and get the most benefit from those upgrades.

Nice Sentra in your sig....

204 roller cam- bite the bullet, and spend the $$ to get it done now, since the car is apart. Also, get the heads worked while you have them off- that's where a lot of the power is.

Doing both now will allow you to upgrade further in the future and get the most benefit from those upgrades.

Nice Sentra in your sig....

i was thinking of working the heads too but i know these cars are finicky..i did not want to do more harm than good by porting in the wrong places...i know the power you can gain by doing a head the right way...i had the one on my sentra worked and flowbenched and it's a little rocketship..lol
here it is..
IMG_0724.jpg

Erson 208 or the 214 are great cams for street & strip. Never a complaint with them from many users.

Mike @ Full Throttle has a complete drop in roller cam kit (ductile). The ductile cams are basically a drop in affair, while the billet cam require some machining.

Champion has iron heads ready to bolt on if you prefer to go that way. If you're going to do it yourselff, get ahold of Ken (turbofabricator) for advice. Without a doubt, he's the Mr. Wizard/Dr. Frankenstein of the TR community!

Well they still like heads that flow. The more they flow the faster it'll go. And the cam still has to be appropriate for the rev range you plan to use.

TurboTR

Russ Merritt is known for doing a killer set of heads and priced right. He is located in Carver Ma. He is a vendor of the board. While your at is port the intake.

Chad