You can type here any text you want

can a lowered car still be a drag car?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

nonosv6

just wondering if its possible to have a lowered car that handles well and still be fast at the track....adjustable shocks? i mean i've seen plenty of race cars that are low but more or less i'm just wondering what i need to do for this type of performance...thanks,joel

well I guess it depends on your definition of drag car. My car was able to pull 60 fts in the 1.56-157 range the last time i was at the track and I believe that my car handles very well and sits as low as most could pracitcally go on the street. I will be running a wide tire than a 28x9 next time to see if i can get the 60 ft down into the low 1.5 range. I run QA1 coilovers and Howe taller ball joints in the front, bilsteins in the rear with A body springs
DSC04435.jpg

DSC04440.jpg

well I guess it depends on your definition of drag car. My car was able to pull 60 fts in the 1.56-157 range the last time i was at the track and I believe that my car handles very well and sits as low as most could pracitcally go on the street. I will be running a wide tire than a 28x9 next time to see if i can get the 60 ft down into the low 1.5 range. I run QA1 coilovers and Howe taller ball joints in the front, bilsteins in the rear with A body springs
DSC04435.jpg

DSC04440.jpg

Thank you very much. Ill take some better pics eventually, photobucket seems to degrade the quality a lot.

Thank you very much. Ill take some better pics eventually, photobucket seems to degrade the quality a lot.

Not a problem, just speaking he truth. I had wanted that style wheel, but I couldnt unload my centerlines, so it has to wait.

I too have noticed the issues with PB. It angers me lol

Hijack over....

just wondering if its possible to have a lowered car that handles well and still be fast at the track....adjustable shocks? i mean i've seen plenty of race cars that are low but more or less i'm just wondering what i need to do for this type of performance...thanks,joel

Race cars are low because they are built that way. The suspension and frame rails are raised inside the body, so the geometry of the car still works, but the body is lowered to help with aerodynamics at high speeds. If you back half a car, you can accomplish the samething and make it an adjustable ride height. On these cars, the rear ride height is kinda what it is. That is why so many of the low10-9-8 sec cars sit just about the same. Keeping the geometry of the rear trailing arms correct is the key. Get it to low and it binds everything, get it too high and it gets a little soft and loose at high speeds. I am new to the G-bodys, but not to full race tube chassis cars, or back-halfed. Others can answer better about the specifics of the G-body.

Thanks
Coach

I have been a 1.50 60ft on a 275 d/r in mine. My old car was a 79 malibu with gn drivetrain and I had a best of a 1.40 in it with all the same stuff and 28x9 slicks accept my buick has a bmr anti rollbar.

Attachments

• DSCN0099[1].JPG
    DSCN0099[1].JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 463
  • DSCN6866.jpg
    DSCN6866.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 303
  • DSCN6865.jpg
    DSCN6865.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 298
Back