You can type here any text you want

Can anyone identify these headers?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BARRACUDA1968

Found these for sale locally. He claims they're ATR. I don't have any other pics right now.

Thanks Brett

Attachments

• 00O0O_6VxSO2zZcBi_600x450.jpg
    00O0O_6VxSO2zZcBi_600x450.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 221
Very well could be.
Here's a shot of mine although it doesn't show the DS

Attachments

• 1012995_10201843935087934_167990743_n.jpg
    1012995_10201843935087934_167990743_n.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 169
Thanks for the pic. It's hard to tell? I'm trying to get better pics from the guy.

I'm at the point of jet hot coating my stock manifolds mainly for looks or pic these up if they're real. Bout the same cost.

View attachment 248330 Those look a little different than my ATR headers. If I remember correctly the crossover flanges don't have the little stubs sticking out and the merge area just under the turbo is made different. I'll try to get you a couple of photos.

Maybe an early design? I do know their first design had just round tube welded into the head flanges and didn't make a smooth transition.

IMG_0984.JPG
IMG_0985.JPG
IMG_0986.JPG
IMG_0987.JPG
IMG_0988.JPG

Last edited:
I wish I could give you guy's better pics but I do appreciate the help so far. I'll post up better pics if I get them from the seller. Not pulling the trigger unless I know for sure.

View attachment 248330 Those look a little different than my ATR headers. If I remember correctly the crossover flanges don't have the little stubs sticking out and the merge area just under the turbo is made different. I'll try to get you a couple of photos.

Maybe an early design? I do know their first design had just round tube welded into the head flanges and didn't make a smooth transition.

View attachment 248315 View attachment 248317 View attachment 248321 View attachment 248328View attachment 248329

I agree with this. Mine doesn't have that either. I didn't notice it at first

Sounds good. I found them on craigslist and the guy has a lot of buick performance parts. He said he thinks they're ATR but doesn't know. I'll just pass on them.

I contacted the individual as well. I asked if they were eBay headers and he played dumb and then dropped out from the conversation....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I brought my ATR headers to Richard Clarkes shop because I wasn't sure if they were legit, he identified them as authentic, a very very early model, as well as having the exhaust flange changed out. Not too sure his email but if you can contact him, I'm sure he can tell if they are Chinese knock offs or not

A lot of guys may be looking for ATR headers because they don't make them anymore and they fit good. With that said after holding a set in my hands the quality is OK but I would consider them anything special....in all honesty even though the Chinese knockoffs don't fit so well most of the welds that I've seen are better than my ATRs.

I will make my next set myself with a few design changes.

If I was unable to make my own or pay to have them fabricated the TA SS headers would be my hands down choice.

I contacted the individual as well. I asked if they were eBay headers and he played dumb and then dropped out from the conversation....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Basically the same thing here. I kind of figured if the guy had that many TB performance parts for sale off a mid 10 sec car he'd know what the headers really were. I wasn't really looking for headers just came across the ad and these were coated already. I know headers really won't do much if anything for performance on my set up so no big deal.

I thought about coating my manifolds myself but I have a few other parts I need done so I'll have a professional do it. I can drive them to him so it's convenient. He get's $225 for full length headers so doing my little manifolds will be cheaper. I'm going to do the down pipe, turbo shield and up pipe and maybe a few odds and ends.

Back