You can type here any text you want

Can anyone identify this?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Buickpower808

Is this some type of distributor? What cars use this and where? Thank for your support.

Attachments

• Optispark Distributor.jpg
    Optispark Distributor.jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 266
Thats the camshaft position sensor. Its turned by the camshaft like a distributor would be but it does none of the same fucntions as a distributor. The fuel injected Turbo Buicks all used them so that would be the models from 1984-1987.

Thats the camshaft position sensor. Its turned by the camshaft like a distributor would be but it does none of the same fucntions as a distributor. The fuel injected Turbo Buicks all used them so that would be the models from 1984-1987.
i think it was also used on all the 86-89 fwd cars with the SFI 3.8 in them, too. so LeSabres and what not.

This part is for a friend. I sent him the link that you provided for that brand new part. Not sure if he needs a new one. In any case, thanks to you all for your outstanding support. Have a nice day.

Sometimes you can replace the cap but I don't understand how they fail.

The big problem with these is the side load from the oil pump. It takes out the brass bushing.

i think it was also used on all the 86-89 fwd cars with the SFI 3.8 in them, too. so LeSabres and what not.

I believe the cam sensors on FWD 3.8's are about the size of a 50 cent piece and mounted in the front of the timing cover just a little below and to the left of the water pump.

Back