Can I install a rear mount turbo on my GMC Jimmy

BandAid

Keyboard Bully
I was thinking while sitting in traffic,,the hardest part is probably the oil to the turbo,so what came to mind is I have a nice small 1/2 gallon tank that I could install a pump and trans cooler with a small spal fan and rar mount that also ..what do you think,no I wasnt drinking and driving today:p :p ;)

The oil and tuning are the hardest parts.. How you're going to get fuel and timing all corrected is paramount.

Honestly I'm not sure on the smaller and/or older trucks. On the new body style trucks we share the same PCM with the Vettes and F-bodies so we use HP Tuners or LS1 Edit. The small trucks/SUVs use a different PCM and there is not normal tuning for them so I'm not sure what you can do. I'd check with HP Tuners first and if all else fails you'd have to do a stand alone setup which may make the whole budget turbo things to a whole new level. LOL

http://www.racerpartswholesale.com/mocal1.htm

I think for the '97 the trucks use the same pcm for the full size and blazer/s-10. Check with Allen Nelson (Nelson performance), he is an authorized sales for STS and also their preferred "tuner". I just had him custom burn a pcm for my '97 that I'm building my own rear-mount kit for. Shouldn't be nothing to a rear mount for your truck, thirdgen.org had a thread about a guy who put a rearmount turbo on his early 90's Z24 without any tuning!