You can type here any text you want

Can I modify the MAF tables on a Thrasher chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I see the values in the Thrasher chips are really wacked out since it uses a completely different program than stock chips, such as the timing tables have negative numbers in them along with MAF table #6, but MAF tables 1-5 appear to be very similar to the stock ones. There are many other parms that are way off when viewing the Thrasher bin but these were the most obvious.

What my question is, can I modify the MAF tables since a few of my BLM#s are way up in the 140's while idle is around 112 and then reburn the chip or can this not be done with Thrashers?
Has anyone made any minor changes successfully to these chips?

Since most Thrashers (that I know of) have anti tamper code in them, it would ill advised.
Also, some of the tables have been "moved around" to stifle tampering also. Again, not advisable.

Originally posted by 2QUIK6
What my question is, can I modify the MAF tables since a few of my BLM#s are way up in the 140's while idle is around 112 and then reburn the chip or can this not be done with Thrashers?
Has anyone made any minor changes successfully to these chips?

Changing the portion of the MAF tables that you'll be using in Closed Loop isn't going to get you much. Running betwen 140 and 112 means your still well within the range of the chip.

If you have the ability to do you own chips. You can get the stocker, to work REALLY well. Thing of it is you need a translator to get past the shortcomings of the ecm. Now doing you own chips and using a Translator puts you in the position to do LOTS of things.

Thanks guys, I was only looking to keep the Thrasher and and just slightly changes the tables because I like the anti-theft. But guess I won't be. This was for the stock TTA, now for the GN, I do all of the chip work on it.

Back