You can type here any text you want

Can I retorque intake manifold?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

GNRick

Retired member
My mechanic says the intake manifold is leaking oil all down the back of my engine. Can it hurt to retorque the bolts? I think I saw 4 bolts on each side. Are there any in the back? What is the torque spec and what order should I tighten them? Thanks.

Retorque won't help, the intake needs removed. The rear bead on the block to intake is leaking. Get a new fel pro gasket, and use a thick bead of silicone on the front and back instead of the strips.

Thanks Forcefed. Could I just smear some silicone sealant on it to slow down the leak for now? Do you have any pics of your Roadmaster?

There is 5 bolts per side.

I doubt spearing silicone on the outside would help much. I don't think you would be able to get it clean enough to get proper adhesion.

Before you do anything, try new valve cover gaskets first. They commonly leak down the back of the motor.

can't hurt to torque intake, but don't think it will help much! Bolt torque should be about 20lbs. Use sealer on the end rails instead of rubber gaskets!

There is 5 bolts per side.

I doubt spearing silicone on the outside would help much. I don't think you would be able to get it clean enough to get proper adhesion.

Before you do anything, try new valve cover gaskets first. They commonly leak down the back of the motor.

Valve cover gaskets are leaking, will do that first. Thanks.

I torque to 35 ft lbs.

Back