Can I rule out a bad cam sensor?

Opie

Trying to rule out if I have a bad cam sensor. I unplugged it after car was running and I still have the same problem. Car stars cutting out when it starts building boost.

If the car starts then I would rule it out. It sounds like you have a ignition or fueling problem.

Have you inspected the crank sensor and reluctor wheel? Turn the crank slowly and check clearance on all the blades. One could be bent and hitting the sensor. Also make sure the balancer is tight. It can come loose and start to walk away from the crank sensor. Also make sure the sensor is tight as well. If the sensor has been hit, replace it.

I wished I knew I have put new coil pack ignition module plugs and wires.

You sure your "new" coil pack and ignition module are good? I went through three sets once before I got good ones from a parts store.

You sure your "new" coil pack and ignition module are good? I went through three sets once before I got good ones from a parts store.
They were standard motor products. Which was recomend if you can't get GM. The capers test tool wont work on non gm module will they? The plugs look good like they are firing hot

Have you checked to see what your fuel pressure is doing?

I’ve seen wiring issues that caused problems like this. I would check the wiring in the harness. Take off the tape and loom and inspect the wires and connectors. Fuel pressure is easy enough to rule out with a gauge hooked on a line so you can read it while driving. The Casper CCCI ignition simulator will work with all OEM replacement coils and ICU’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sometimes it will clear up if I stay in it.
Just so you can rule it out you might want to put a gauge you can tape to your windshield to confirm 1:1 rise. FWIW, which is not much :), the few times I had cutting out issues going into boost, they ended up being ignition related in my case. Either the coil or module. A known good backup coil and module will make quick work of troubleshooting. Can you borrow one from someone near you?

Loosen, adjust and tighten all of your intercooler hose clamps. i chased a problem with the aftermarket throttle bodies in which the usual t-bolt hose clamp was too wide to fit correctly behind the lip. If the hose clamps are not tight or positioned correctly, they leak as you are boosting up and the car pops.

mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the coils with MSD type 2 as well as the module with a brand new GM. Plug wires and plugs. Still pops. I am going after the wiring harness going behind the engine next. I bet I will find the problem there.

Have you inspected the crank sensor and reluctor wheel? Turn the crank slowly and check clearance on all the blades. One could be bent and hitting the sensor. Also make sure the balancer is tight. It can come loose and start to walk away from the crank sensor. Also make sure the sensor is tight as well. If the sensor has been hit, replace it.
I have put on a new crank sensor and have it adjusted. Also checked the balancer

mine is doing the same thing. I replaced the coils with MSD type 2 as well as the module with a brand new GM. Plug wires and plugs. Still pops. I am going after the wiring harness going behind the engine next. I bet I will find the problem there.
Please let me know what you come up with on yours and I will do the same. I am going to check the cam today. I was told that it may be wiped. But I hope that's not the case.

Loosen, adjust and tighten all of your intercooler hose clamps. i chased a problem with the aftermarket throttle bodies in which the usual t-bolt hose clamp was too wide to fit correctly behind the lip. If the hose clamps are not tight or positioned correctly, they leak as you are boosting up and the car pops.
Will check thanks!

Have you inspected the cam sensor for signs of wear? Remove the cap. Grab the wheel and turn left and right. Also pull up and down. Any excessive play can cause issues.