You can type here any text you want

Can I use this turbotweak chip?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

imjoesnuffy

I just break stuff!
At the moment I have 3 Turbo tweak chips

1. 91 Octane regular chip. Didn't take it out of the ecm to get the timing on it. Keeps me out of trouble when running regular gas and the one I am using while I am breaking in the engine.

2. Regular Alcohol Chip 23*/20* 23-25 psi version is either 5.4 or 5.20 as it is in both corners.

3. Alcohol race chip 112+ Octane 26*/25* 25-27 psi same version as above.

Once I am ready to take it to the track and get 110 or 116 octane gas in the car, can I run the regular alcohol chip?

I don't have Alky yet, but will get it eventually. I have a translator plus and could change the timing if needed, I am not sure if I can change the fuel with the trans plus with a turbo tweak chip. Technically, I guess I could change the timing with the 91 chip. I think the alcohol chip would be a better starting point though.

I know that alcohol helps to richen up the octane but if I am running race gas wouldn't that compensate? I know I am sounding like a cheap @$$ but I am just trying to avoid buying extra chips. With the thousands I have spent on this car lately my wife is not too happy about me spending money on it when I could save a little here and there.

Thanks in advance for any insight offered.

The Alky chips usually have fuel trimmed out of them to compensate for the addition of alky. If your 3 chips were my only options i would use the 91 octane chip, add timing, raise the boost & tune to the octane level.

Back