You can type here any text you want

can someone please tell me about this turbo set up?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

boosted1

hello all, i saw a post a few months ago on the other list about a person that has a turbo that was built by him by one of the bigger turbo people (i have no idea who)

its a gt350 ex wheel , and a 60-1 compressor wheel that is in a factory compressor housing that was machined to make it all work.
this man pulled like 502 hp at the wheels with this turbo now thats a little more than i need at the wheels with a street driven buick that sees a track about once or twice a year but i do have the gt350 wheel already and was wondering about this turbo i thing gm high tech installed one like that on the old grey project but it was with the ball bearing option

is this a good unit spool up wise and what kind of power can i get on a stock rebuilt motor that has less than 12k miles on it

all stock but it does have forged pistons and a set of 30 lb injectors which im sure i will have to replace and i have the ford powerstroke intercooler on the car but am waiting for the turbo decision to be made before i get it all running

thank you all in advance
slawek
boosted1@yahoo.com

It depends on the trim of the T350 exhaust turbine, but the combination of a T350 (w/76 trim) and a 60-1 compressor is the same as a TA52 turbo.

Do a search for either a TA52 or TE52 for combinations, and/or look in the tech section of GN/TTYPE for some details.

Give me a call, I have some additional thoughts on the subject.

Deep Enough
Donald McMullin
Gilbert, Arizona

Back