You can type here any text you want

Cannibalism

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

turbojimmy

Supporting Member
On Rt. 46 in scenic Budd Lake, NJ tonight, I cruised past a gas station with what appeared to be (in the dark, from a distance) a GN getting fueled up. I honked a few times as I went by. As I went by, I noticed it wasn't black, but metallic green - all of it. Monochrome like a GN, but green. It had spoked wheels, clear parking lights with green bulbs, and those weird lights (green) on the cowl. Whatever. I couldn't tell if it was a turbo but it was clearly a Regal.

A few miles up the road, I'm getting on Rt. 80. I check the rear view - there it is. The green Regal. He had to be flyin' to catch me, so I figured he wanted to play. There's not much traffic on 80, and when the acceleration lane opened up, all 4 lanes were open. I went out one lane to the left, he went out two. I guess he figured he'd go around me.

I'm running 23 degrees timing, 22 psi, and alky. I love this alky stuff. I nailed it (still skeered to floor it without the scan tool hooked up - just put the higher timing chip in this morning). The 60-100 MPH is just crazy with this much boost and timing. I left him like he was standing on the brakes.

I'm assuming it wasn't a turbo, but I still don't know. I doubt I'd have pulled on a turbo that hard - even a stock one. When it was clear how things would be, he started flashing his high beams and I let up. I slowed down to the speed limit and let him by. As he went by, I saw a bunch of gauges above the glovebox in the nameplate. Apparently he hopped on 80 just to give me sh*t, cause he took the first exit, which is where I was going, and made a U-turn to head back west.

Jim

Good kill

Gotta watchout for those other G-bodies cause u never know what they might be packing, but most of the time if it's not a TR it has a small block or big block V8 and I've seen a couple run some pretty impressive times while looking very plain jane kinda like the TRs:cool:

Re: Good kill

Originally posted by 86brick
Gotta watchout for those other G-bodies cause u never know what they might be packing, but most of the time if it's not a TR it has a small block or big block V8 and I've seen a couple run some pretty impressive times while looking very plain jane kinda like the TRs:cool:

Yeah, I know. TRs aren't the only fast G-bodies around. I was a little apprehensive, but it didn't take long to realize it was all show and no go. The skinnies on the spoked rims a la lowrider style should've been a tip off. But the gauges mounted in the dash threw me.

I ran a Monte SS from a light in the other direction the same night. That was such a non-event I forgot about it until you mentioned "g-body". I knew he was going to go - even with the wife and kid in the car - so I let him roll out a bit before I went screaming by him. I betchya he thought it was another Monte SS in the dark.

Jim

Back