You can type here any text you want

Can't decide...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Status
Not open for further replies.

TurboTnZ06

Go on red!
I can't figure out which class(es) I might be able to run and have fun in. The GN is mostly stock, but since I have a Gbody alum radiator, one orange turbo to IC pressure hose, billet fp regulator, and a voltage booster, it fails for TSA, plus I can't even go 13.2 in the car. It runs 8.7 in the 1/8th mile on pump gas and slicks so maybe just the 8.49 index would be all I could run on increased boost and 100 octane.

The Turbo T hasn't seen a track since Feb 2006 running 7.0@100 in the 1/8th no boost off the foot brake, but has been lightened, painted, and had a few more go-fast goodies installed over the years. I can't run the radial class with my 160 treadwear street tires. THS might be the class to run in since I have a 3/2 TE45a, but I don't have a Tbrake or front mount to run with the big dogs and I would have to swap out my 17's for the 4 15 inch stock T wheels with 28x9 slicks out back according to the rules I saw, plus in those rules it didn't mention if hydroboost brake conversions were allowed. But I could also run the 7.0 index class at least if it turns out I can't get into THS.

Rules state a minimum tread wear rating of 250 or higher.

Wait a minute, disregard this post, I mis-read your post. Sorry.

Rules state a minimum tread wear rating of 250 or higher.

Wait a minute, disregard this post, I mis-read your post. Sorry.

I'll just bring the T and see if I can race heads up in THS. If I can only index race, I'd rather go 7.00 than 8.50 all else being equal.

Why not run it in the 6.99 class? I think you mentioned it will perform at that level.

Why not run it in the 6.99 class? I think you mentioned it will perform at that level.

It's entirely possible that I don't understand index racing. I have to go faster than 6.99 or no faster than 6.99? I'll go google it. Is there any friendly wagering going on at the nationals as well?

So from the NHRA site it sounds like its bracket racing. Ugh, I for some reason though index racing was something fancy, like heads up but with a class based breakout. Ie, I run a 6.99 index class, but its heads up and neither driver can go faster than 6.99 in an other wise heads-up race with no dial-in handicap bs to deal with.

That's the way this race is in the classes. Heads up, pro tree, 6.99 index (in this particular example).

I run a 6.99 index class, but its heads up and neither driver can go faster than 6.99 in an other wise heads-up race with no dial-in handicap bs to deal with.

Thats what THS, TSR, TSM, TSO, and Quick 8 will be for. No BS and run what you brung as long as it fits their specific rules. Index classes bring out the best drivers and not just the quickest car. WHOLE different class of racers.

I can't figure out which class(es) I might be able to run and have fun in. The GN is mostly stock, but since I have a Gbody alum radiator, one orange turbo to IC pressure hose, billet fp regulator, and a voltage booster, it fails for TSA, plus I can't even go 13.2 in the car. It runs 8.7 in the 1/8th mile on pump gas and slicks so maybe just the 8.49 index would be all I could run on increased boost and 100 octane.

The Turbo T hasn't seen a track since Feb 2006 running 7.0@100 in the 1/8th no boost off the foot brake, but has been lightened, painted, and had a few more go-fast goodies installed over the years. I can't run the radial class with my 160 treadwear street tires. THS might be the class to run in since I have a 3/2 TE45a, but I don't have a Tbrake or front mount to run with the big dogs and I would have to swap out my 17's for the 4 15 inch stock T wheels with 28x9 slicks out back according to the rules I saw, plus in those rules it didn't mention if hydroboost brake conversions were allowed. But I could also run the 7.0 index class at least if it turns out I can't get into THS.
Hell just throw some regular radial street tires on the car and come race TSR! Basicly the bigest rule is No drag radial / Slicks, The Must be regular radial street tires. $500 to the best ET, $200 runner up..

Scot W.

Hell just throw some regular radial street tires on the car and come race TSR! Basicly the bigest rule is No drag radial / Slicks, The Must be regular radial street tires. $500 to the best ET, $200 runner up..

Scot W.

LoL, I'm driving up on 17's with Z rated 245 45's, so I have to bring one set of 4 T wheels for the THS for fronts and slicks, and then 2 more rears with cheap radials for TSR:eek: My cordless impact is going to get a workout, luckily I have two batteries for it... I'll have to give jdsgnx gas money if he has room for some extra rollers to sneak in his rig on the ride up, since I doubt I can fit all that in my trunk...

LoL, I'm driving up on 17's with Z rated 245 45's, so I have to bring one set of 4 T wheels for the THS for fronts and slicks, and then 2 more rears with cheap radials for TSR:eek: My cordless impact is going to get a workout, luckily I have two batteries for it... I'll have to give jdsgnx gas money if he has room for some extra rollers to sneak in his rig on the ride up, since I doubt I can fit all that in my trunk...
I'm on 18's with Z rated tires too and if I run the TSR class thats what i'm using! ;) No better way to tell exactly what you car is capable of when it's in complete street trim.

Either way we will be glad to have you in TSR.

Scot W.

I'm on 18's with Z rated tires too and if I run the TSR class thats what i'm using! ;) No better way to tell exactly what you car is capable of when it's in complete street trim.

Either way we will be glad to have you in TSR.

Scot W.

But my treadwear is 160, which is not 250 or higher.

Wow that's a low rating. They must be a pretty soft tire.

Those tires would be too low for sure but if you have a different tire we would love to have you join in the fun.

We Look forward to seeing you at the event.

Scot W.

I was reading the rules, and I don't have stock seatbelts either, but I am driving this car 800 miles, not trailering it, so I'm definitely in the spirit of the class even if I can't get in the class based on tire and seatbelt rules.

I was reading the rules, and I don't have stock seatbelts either, but I am driving this car 800 miles, not trailering it, so I'm definitely in the spirit of the class even if I can't get in the class based on tire and seatbelt rules.
What seat belts do you have? Are the stock ones still there? The rules should have stated minmum of "Stock seat belts" required. If you have aftermarket belts, roll cage ect. It is more than likely an upgrade from the stock belts and that is allowed.

SW.

What seat belts do you have? Are the stock ones still there? The rules should have stated minmum of "Stock seat belts" required. If you have aftermarket belts, roll cage ect. It is more than likely an upgrade from the stock belts and that is allowed.

SW.

The factory belts were torn up and I wanted something better, so like the corvette and porch guys, I bolted in a harness bar and did seats and a 5 pt cam lock harness. Even though I have a T, I have reupholstered GN style rear seat with as close as I could to GN style microsuede fronts with black and gray.

80.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back