You can type here any text you want

Cant figure this out at all...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Goat

I heart Boost and DRs...
Ok now I cant figure this out here.

I have a 2,400 stall convertor and 3 inch downpipe and exhaust in the truck. That is all! Unless this thing had motor work internally done before I got it.

Well according to research the GN only weighs 3,472 and the S10 is 4,100.

The motor stock makes 276 hp / 360 tq and estimated my truck with motor in it will only run a 14.32.

If this is the case how in the heck did it lay down a 12.5 at the drag strip? It did have drag radials on it. I was racing against noone just me on a pass.

Now Im on a goal of low 11s high 10s.

Have you actually weighed your truck at the scale at the track? My GN weighs 3460 with 10 gallons of gas in it.

No, that is off the tag in the door. Its kinda making me mad cause I cannot figure it out.

My uncle's S10 with a 383 in it weighs 2800 #'s. That with a roll bar in it . Are you running stock boost levels? And a stock chip. You probably don't have a cat. convertor on it either or a stock air box.

Stock everything in the car with just a set of magnaflow mufflers after I was told they flow better then my old exhaust setup just added those today.

His truck with a stroker in it weighs 2,800 lbs? What year is it and how much is it stripped?

Cause according to the stealership my truck weighs 4,100 lbs. I see where it says some of these trucks from 82-91 are 2,600-3000.

Put a load of trash in the bed and go to the city dump. They will weigh the truck loaded and unloaded. You pay a few bucks and get a real weight for your vehicle.

I believe the truck is closer to 3k based on reading on some other things online. That is a dealer weight.

the door sticker is the GVW , which isnt the curb weight , its the total road weight of the vehicle carrying its rated load of passengers and cargo

my 4wd 4.3 s10 blazer 4 door with gy wrangler235/75 tires is only 3800 with me in it

get it weighed

$9 os $10 at the nearest truck stop and you know how much it weighs.
you can get a front and back weight seperately and the total.
Robert

Unless you have a load in the bed there's no way an S-10 weighs 4100 lbs. They weight 2500 lbs on up to about maybe 3300 lbs depending on the year and what options it has.

I had a 1984 S-10 once with an iron headed aluminum intake 350 sbc in it, it was a short bed reg cab that was a base model truck...meaning ZERO options...but was all steel (no fiberglass or lexan) and it still had the stock heater and inner fenders....it weighted 2690 w/o me in it and 7 gallons of fuel. Found out later it weighted in 2500 lbs curb when it was new with the 1.9 liter Isuzu 4 cyl.

S-10's and sonoma's are really light. A lot of people use them for race cars because they are so light.

You're beginning to use your head Billy.:biggrin: The S-10 pickup chasis is lighter than you think, especailly in the back. I know you have a few dirt track shops near you so get the front to back weights as well as the side to side. This will give a better idea on how to set the truck up.:cool:

Yes sir, Mr Charlie. It is becoming more and more of a problem to keep the motor stock instead of just tearing into it cause Im kinda wanting to.

Ok now I cant figure this out here.

I have a 2,400 stall convertor and 3 inch downpipe and exhaust in the truck. That is all! Unless this thing had motor work internally done before I got it.

Well according to research the GN only weighs 3,472 and the S10 is 4,100.

The motor stock makes 276 hp / 360 tq and estimated my truck with motor in it will only run a 14.32.

If this is the case how in the heck did it lay down a 12.5 at the drag strip? It did have drag radials on it. I was racing against noone just me on a pass.

Now Im on a goal of low 11s high 10s.

Sean got a 8.67 @ 167. Red tuned it.

PICS! PICS! PICS!

Lets see pics of the swap and the chassis!

thats will tell us what kind of engineering has been done. and how to make it work.

:wink:A.j.

Ive worked out most of the kinks. The truck is the ultimate sleeper right now.

PICS! PICS! PICS!

Lets see pics of the swap and the chassis!

thats will tell us what kind of engineering has been done. and how to make it work.

:wink:A.j.

He's got the same long arm rear supension you've got Aj.:biggrin: Had a good chat tonight with him and I think he's got most of it under control for now.:cool: Just needs some mods and the scanmaster for now. I need to go visit Shreveport and do some gambling for some fun now.:biggrin:

Back