Can't Get GN out of the Garage! HELP!

rssooner

Hi everyone.

I hadn't driven my GN in a couple of months. Tried to back it out of the garage and it would reverse for about 2 feet then stop. It was like something was not allowing it to advance. I even tried to put some throttle into reverse and nothing...Defenitely feels like it Is in the rear end. I jacked the rear up and tried reverse and drive and both would lock up after about 2-3 rotations of the rear tires.

I'm moving out of one house and into another and I can't get it out of the garage to move it. HELP! Any suggestions on what this may be and how to fix it?

Thanks a bunch.
RS

Pull rear cover, see if the bolt for the carrier pin is out hitting on rotation, or broken spider gears.

if its moving straight back spiders and side gears don't rotate .. carrier just spins
, if it moves more than one tire revolution which he says it does i wouldnt think the cross pin isnt hanging out .

2004r ? stageright or bat ..it does sound like the brake is engaging

you said you jacked up rear ..with transmission in neutral (engine off) can you spin rear tires freely, if rear spins fine start engine and see if it still spins freely

Parking brake cables may be stuck causing brake to apply. Lay under car and roughly bend and jostle them. It normally will free them or move the inner part enough. I've done this on rusty cars but a 30 year old cable could do it I guess.