Can't keep IC hose on TB under 27+ Boost.

KEVINS said:
Thanks for the on going help.. Did all that (except hair spray) but it still won't stay on and there's not much left of my hood liner.. I'm going to see where a truck stop is and see if I can find some of those semi truck hoses.

I'm making some progress on designing a boost brace...

;)
ks

I think that the thick truck radiator hose (my post 15 from the other thread) is a big part of why this has worked on my car. They are very stiff. You will probably have a hard time sliding it onto the TB the first time. They won't change shape under boost. When you see one at the truck store, you'll get the idea.
Of course, if they don't work, a boost bracket probably will. And the bracket will be "cool"...

"My turbo makes so much boost that I needed to make this special bracket to hold the pipe on!". Now I see. Maybe I should make one of those... :)

Mike
Sent from my HTC Droid Incredible using Turbo Buick

I may have some of the truck hose laying around. If I do, I will send it to you. What sizes do you need? 3" or 2.5"?

I may have some of the truck hose laying around. If I do, I will send it to you. What sizes do you need? 3" or 2.5"?

I think the stock stuff is 2.5" which is what I need.
I will admit that the new IC hoses that I just put on are pretty thin and flimsy compared to the ones I took off but the ones I was using were about 3/4" too short and I thought that's why they were blowing off. So I bought one long hose and cut the IC hoses to length but now they are so flimsy they just flex and blow off under high boost.

KS

Brake clean surfaces, install T-bolts style clamps.. no issues.

Its typically oil on surfaces or using worm style clamps that causes the issue.

Must make a nice POP sound when it lets go.. :D

And it can make a mess of your hood liner:mad:

I will admit that the new IC hoses that I just put on are pretty thin and flimsy compared to the ones I took off but the ones I was using were about 3/4" too short and I thought that's why they were blowing off. So I bought one long hose and cut the IC hoses to length but now they are so flimsy they just flex and blow off under high boost.

KS

Ok Kevin, I will check tomorrow and see what I have for you. ;)

LOL wiggins and accufab clamps! Also those vibrant ones are sick! Sad part...they require welding and hundreds of dollars!! They are soo much $$$$!!! But none the less they are truly sexy. When I actually have nothing left to spend money on I would do my car in those from lower IC piping to TB and turbo, even the intake just to show off..

That beautiful Blue T type that sold on here a while back had the blue accufabs.

KS
Your issue is then the hose or T-bolt being cheesy.

I have run upwards of 33 psi and not blown hoses off. Typical multilayer turbo hose and good quality T-bolt clamp. If your using flimsy chinese stuff.. then it is what it is. The blue silicone hose that has the threads in it(multi-layer) and a quality(made in USA) T-bolt.. it wont come off.

Now days when we buy hoses and clamps online and get a "deal" this is what happens. My local hydrualic store sells the 5 buck a piece clamps and the 25 dollar per foot silicone tubing. That stuff doesnt fail.

J.

Race part solutiions is right down the street from me in boca raton florida. I go over there about once a month. They sell all kinds of stuff. But I think their hoses are still a little too thin. I have some of theirs and they are 3 ply opposed to 4 or 5 ply. Nice quality but still a little thin imo. I made an great 3.5" cold air intake kit for less than $100 with just stuff from them. Came out really nice and works great. LMK if I can help p/u something for you over there if you need something.

Dave

THANKS!:D