You can type here any text you want

Can't lower boost

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

mytta49

I installed Razors kit, new H.D. actuator, Erics alky chip and some other bolt on's (rjc powerplate, 30 lb injectors, K&N)

Here is the problem
Before the Alky kit and with the original actuator rod and other bolt on's (rjc powerplate, 30 lb injectors, K&N) the most boost I could get was 18 with the actuator rod at its shortest.

I have the new H.D. actuator at a point that when you take the clip off, there is no tension on the actuator rod and can be slipped off or on.

Under WOT my boost on the boost gauge is 22 and sometimes hits 25 with .07 KR with the alky dial set at 6
I thought that the H.D. actuator starts at 18 psi when its at a length that when put on the pin would just slip on and shorting it would raise the boost.
Any ideas why I have so much boost or how to reduce it ?

If you get boost creep..you need to port the exhuast hole on the turbo.

Check your hoses, Y, and WG solenoid to make sure they are working correctly. An easy test is placing a plug over the WG solenoid vent nipple. That will bring you to minimum boost. Make sure there are no cracks in the hoses. You can always install the old actuator and make certain boost control is working.. that is doesnt creep in third gear.

If you get knock.. up the alky ;)

Just make sure there is ample fuel delivery and your O2's are minimum 760 on an AFS20 O2 sensor.

Back