You can type here any text you want

cant use the replacement turbo why?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

qws2000

Hey guys have a question? As I stated in a early post I completely rebuilt my 87 GN, the builder finished mostly everything except the alky kit. It was the first time we were starting the motor, it started no problem and sounded so strong. The thing is within 5 min the TA66 started to smoke and look like it was leaking. He took the 66 out rt away and sent it back to be checked, in the mean time he put a 62 in and finished the alky kit, just no alky in the container. MY question is he told me not to start or drive the car with the 62 on it... The car runs fine with the 62 sounds very mean, he infact drove the car to my house. The alky kit has no alcohol in it. Is that it?

Hey guys have a question? As I stated in a early post I completely rebuilt my 87 GN, the builder finished mostly everything except the alky kit. It was the first time we were starting the motor, it started no problem and sounded so strong. The thing is within 5 min the TA66 started to smoke and look like it was leaking. He took the 66 out rt away and sent it back to be checked, in the mean time he put a 62 in and finished the alky kit, just no alky in the container. MY question is he told me not to start or drive the car with the 62 on it... The car runs fine with the 62 sounds very mean, he infact drove the car to my house. The alky kit has no alcohol in it. Is that it?

Was the 66 a new turbo? Sounds to me that he forgot to take the oil drainback plug out of it ?? Haven't got a clue why he wouldn't want you to run it with the 62 ? You don't have to have alky in to just drive a turbo Buick around. Is he afraid you being new to these cars that you'll go out and hammer on it?

thanks mike did you see the pictures of the car? And yes the 66 is brand new.. There ended up being nothing wrong with the 66 but the had to take it apart just to make sure.. The turbo is being sent back but Im getting so jumpee I just want to drive it... I guess I should just settle down..... Thanks Mike

Back