You can type here any text you want

Cant win em all!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

19TTA89

I know 8sec Pete!!!
I was out for a little cruise tonight trying to get some miles on the recent rebuild of the motor,So I can start cranking her up!!!Anyway..Im on a single lane road that leads to a highway,In my rearview mirror I see a set of HID lights Approaching at what seems to be about MACH 4..:eek:

He jumps right on my bumper,And I knew he wants to play..I can tell now that its a Mercedes Benz...:rolleyes: ...Well...I guess Im going to have to show him...

So I make a right hand turn onto the highway,into the right lane,He darts to the left,No traffic in front of us...Its on!!

As he swings to the left lane I can hear he is into it,(Probably anticipating that I would be gunning it also)...With that I nail it,Downshifts back to first...Car gets a bit loose..I immediately stop his foward progress,And jump out about 2 cars on him!!

But wait a minute!!!!Here he comes....Up along side...HHHMMMM...nice v8 Kompressor emblem you got there!!He now pulls even...HHMMM..Nice dashboard lit up all Star Wars like....And there he goes...HHMMM Nice looking dual exhaust,And AMG E-55 Emblem on the Trunk....:D

He had put about 1.5 cars on me and we got to about 90 before hitting traffic..

He was a younger guy...Rolled the window down at the light,Complimented me on my car...As I also did with his..

I was curious...And looked up some info on these cars on the net...E-55 AMG This gives some specs on the car,Pretty Stout!!

Hopefully I will get the chance to run into him again when I start cranking up the boost(Currently At 15psi..)..

Yeah those cars are pretty nasty. It scary how fast these factory cars are becoming. mid 12s on the street used to dominate. Get that thing tuned and I think he will be seeing your rear next time.

The motor in my car only has about 400 miles on it,So I have been trying to take it easy running a lower boost level.Pretty soon I think Im gonna bump it up to about 20-21psi..I should be able to get that on a xylene brew..

My mistake was taking him lightly...And going from a slow roll,My car just went mid 12's recently also,@108mph..@15psi

Curious to see how much boost its going to take to run around 116-117MPH...

If I had the money...That Benz would be in my garage right now..:D

Good run on both parties and nice enough to see the guy in the Benz was down to earth and not an arrogant prick with his nose pointed up. Now break in the engine just a bit more before ragging on her!!! ;)

Nick

I want an E55. I got staulked by VW's last week in my E320. Beat all 3 all on consequtive days. The last one that found me was a red 2 door w/ aftermarket turbo. He stayed beside me till about 50 then I pulled a few cars, I let off at 135 slowed done to about 100 and he gave me a big thumbs up and turned off the freeway.

Glad to hear the he was cool, most Benz drivers are old elitist snobs. Also the local benz dealer has a problem with alot of bounced checks :eek: .

i ran the sl 55 amg very impressive it was one of the best races i have had but that was on stock tires and turbo sipping like a mad man haha! thats the $122,000 one i made him feel real good about his purchase!:D

What do you mean if you had the money? :D

Dig into the couch cushions and pull it out or is it the mattress :p

It seems to be the next wave of performance cars ( a v8 and a supercharger), Gonna be hard to keep up with 2 extra cylinders and a power adder time to start taking these other cars out there seriously..................

I'll just enjoy reading for a while until the ride is done :)

Originally posted by trading t/a
What do you mean if you had the money? :D

Dig into the couch cushions and pull it out or is it the mattress :p

You must have me confused with the Filthy Rich TTA owner from Norht Jersey...:p

He owns a Mansion and a Yacht.....:D

But cant stay away from those playgrounds....:eek:

you have stock heads and cam? i always used to get beat on the top end. stock cams die up top. a small 206-206 cam and some ported iron heads and you wouldve killed him.

He has a cam in there, he just had to wait for a few breakin miles before he turned the boost up. I'm living vicariously through Shawn, I'm still having withdrawls with my car.

Gimmie a call and let me know you did tonight(If you ran). Air doesn't seem that bad outside! Good luck! Try to get thrown off the track(that's what I'll be shooting for when mine is done :D

Pete...

No go on the track tonight...Started A light Drizzle just as I pulled up to the gate..So I waited a while outside to see what the weather would do..It kept up enough to ruin my evening....:mad:

Car seems to be running real strong on 19 psi...With only about 1-1.5* of KR..I know Its only 4psi more...But it feels alot stronger..I was going to throw some 100 unleaded in at the track,So I wouldn't have any KR at all...

Well next week....Maybe if your not working....You can shoot down...C-YA...Shawn

It will definately slow down after next Friday. That should put me in the middle of the o/t list(goes by hours worked) and then hopefully I can have at least 1 or 2 nights where i'll get to go home for once. 84 hours a week since Early March is starting to take it's toll. I need a vacation!(and my car back :) I'm hoping for at least early Sept., but I'll see how the progress is going in two or three weeks.

Hopefully your's will still be in your posession so we can have our grudge match :D . What's going on with the gas ;) Car should run really strong on 19psi with it. Then we'll go hunting for that Mercedes :)

Definately have to get a window switch and a low timing chip for your car.

Pete

Originally posted by trading t/a

Hopefully your's will still be in your posession so we can have our grudge match :D .

I dont Know....Me and Angelo Vs.Your Big fat wallet and the Master....I dont think so....;) :p

My wallet isn't that big! But hopefully will be soon :D. Still have to wait 4 years till I hit top step then it's on! Angelo should have no problem taking me on, a little bit of gogo juice would be hard to beat in that car of his. Either way g or f body we need a friendly grudge match to keep in the competition mode. I'm thinking we'll swing up north after I get it back to check out the scene up there. From whatI'm told some sick cars are running around up there.

Who knows in a few years a t/a block forged internals and all the goodies may be a possibility for the both of us. Hopefully you'll get the calll to start soon.

Back