You can type here any text you want

Cant Work???

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

WICKEDGN

I CANT LIVE WITHOUT BOOST
OK I JUST CONNECTED MY STEREO BUT THERES 2 LOOSE WIRES ON THE RIGHT SIDE HANGING IT SOUNDS GOOD BUT IT DRAINS MY BATTERY IS THERE SOMETHING WRONG. THE 2 WIRES THE R HANGING IN YOU LOOK FROM THE BACK OF THE OEM STEREO THERE IN THE LOWER LEFT HAND SIDE HELP???

need more info.
Do you have an amp? Does it turn off when the car is off? Did you run the wires for the radio as the factory did or like too many people do bypassing the factory so you can turn it on without the key in ign?
Sorry for so many Q's but can be hard to diagnose without seeing.
My guess is something is not connected to the proper wire which allows it to function but not properly (i.e. power connected to the cig. lighter, seen that before).
What colors are the wires?

Sounds like those two wires are the pre-amp outputs. They just carry the audio signal to an amp if you add one to your stereo. They have nothing to do with a parasitic drain.

Double check your ground wire. Thats the #1 cause for a drain. Its also good to double check your constant 12 volt wire and your switched 12 volt wires to the radio. Having them backwards can also cause a drain.

thanx guys for your help it was the dimmer wire since i had it on the power i guess it wouldnt shut off and that's why my battery would die that's what i think but it's fix now but thanx for the help.

Back