You can type here any text you want

Car cutting out at the track

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Tim Barnum

Will a bad O2 sensor cause the car to cut out under WOT? The car runs good on the street but when I get to the track it cuts out all the way down the track. The only thing I do at the track is remove the cutout. The fuel pressure is turned down to 38 lbs with no vaccum. The EGT reads 1500 deg at the top of the run. I've been running 114 oct on the street and at the track. I know the O2 is bad now because I got a code 13 and 32 on the Scan Master. I did manage a 12.51 @ 108 with a 1.69 60 foot even with it surging back and fourth. What do you do about a code 32? Let me know your thoughts if you would. Thanks Tim

What are you plugs gapped at? Mine used to break up in 3rd gear and we couldnt figure it out. Turned out just gapping the plugs down to 32 solved the problem under high (20) boost.

Opening the cutout increases boost...fuel requirements change..

Ive seen lean pop..rich pop..plugs pop..coil pack ign module pop..

You didnt mention what chip you run...timing plays a big role on race gas and its igniting..as far as the O2..could be if the ECM is trying to fix a fueling problem..running an open loop chip like a thrasher fixes this type of problem. Or one with the BLM's locked.

You may be overboosting?

Back