You can type here any text you want

Car is running on the new system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Otto J

Got my ne XFI box today and made sure the wiring was all right,Put in the start up program Cal sen with it,Fired right up! runs good right off the bat,Now its time to get it to the dyno and sort out the fuel map.
WIll post results afterwards
Pics are in the lounge

Sounds great, but i think you could have saved yourself alot of coin if you would have went with a gen 7 + dfi, with comparable features. If the pricing is the same as the old fast systems though only:confused:

The real benefit to me is I know how to tune the old system,THe basis of the new one runs the same software,with some additions,GOing to a GEN 7 im going in blind,and would have to relearn all over again,I am wanting to get my hand on a car with one and play with it though.I have the software and have fiddled a bit

Originally posted by norbs
Sounds great, but i think you could have saved yourself alot of coin if you would have went with a gen 7 + dfi, with comparable features. If the pricing is the same as the old fast systems though only:confused:

What facts are you basing this statement on? In another post you brought up pricing, and I explained that pricing is NOT available. I even gave you a pretty good hint that the new box might be cheaper than an equivalent older box.

Have you used a new XFI box? If not, it seems a little premature to be making comparisons (even in pricing).

I am curious what system you are currently using on your car

I am presently using an older fast box, but being "forced" to spend $500 canadian dollars on a wideband calibrated to work with the box has got me a bit flustered. I am just looking at the costs of the new dfi system and a innovate wideband unit, which will allow me to choose between bosch sensor or ntk, without any calibration needed. Lm-1 uses free air calibration,so as the sensor degrades it can be compensated. Lets get some figures going here:

Lm-1 is $349
gen7+ ecu+ cable+ software etc is about $1000 give or take a bit, with no harness.

Jack Cotton hinted the pricing is the same as the old fast system, so this is what i am basing my comparison on so far, other than that i am just guessing.

Lm-1 is $349 or Accel WB option $ 970
gen7+ ecu+ cable+ software etc is $1150 (Sportsman) $1200(pro)
adapter harness if you can get one about $500- $600

OR

Bigstuff3 w/ WB02 w/data logging internal & Adapter harness $1995 Available now in stock

Fast XFI w/ WB02 & adapter harness in the same range as the BS3 ECU's in stock w/ universal harness, Adapter harness soon.
We should have final pricing next week

Wide band sensors designed to work with their systems PRICELESS

Originally posted by HighPSI
What facts are you basing this statement on? In another post you brought up pricing, and I explained that pricing is NOT available. I even gave you a pretty good hint that the new box might be cheaper than an equivalent older box.

Have you used a new XFI box? If not, it seems a little premature to be making comparisons (even in pricing).

I am curious what system you are currently using on your car

I'm not a hater, I have the older box but................

"Equivalent" box is not a good term to use. There should not be an equivalent older box. This is supposed to be new and improved.

Pretty stupid not having pricing ready when you guys get boxes to brag about how good they are. Sorta leaves it to be questioned. These are not beta boxes.

IIRC the XFI will accept any NTK L1H1 type sensor without a cal/option disk

"Fast XFI w/ WB02
Wide band sensors designed to work with their systems PRICELESS"

DJ

The new 02 doesnt have the inked number on it like the old one did,But i appears to be the same brand sensor,But i didnt look for any other markings

Does the xfi have boost builder option, just wondered?

Originally posted by norbs
Does the xfi have boost builder option, just wondered?
Yeah it called being able to accurately tune your engine. I am sorry but I wouldn't weigh that so called "option" as important enough to make a decision on which system to buy. Considering I highly doubt you have ever seen the new XFI in person, the software, or actually tuned one. I would keep your comments to the north and one day you might be privledged enough to see why the XFI is a better system.

Originally posted by JrTuner
Yeah it called being able to accurately tune your engine. I am sorry but I wouldn't weigh that so called "option" as important enough to make a decision on which system to buy. Considering I highly doubt you have ever seen the new XFI in person, the software, or actually tuned one. I would keep your comments to the north and one day you might be privledged enough to see why the XFI is a better system.

You make a great salesman for the system...People type person. :rolleyes:

"Privledged to see"
What the hell does that mean...they are going to sell them right, or just give them to a few people??

I will be buying to replace my old system. Boost control is important. So how about reporting what you know instead of turning this thread into something it is not supposed to be.

Originally posted by JrTuner
the XFI is a better system.

What is a better system the BS3 or FAST XFI?

In so far as tuning, features, inputs, ect..

Does either system allow the tuner to lock the owner out of his program?

Originally posted by Ricky Trussell
You make a great salesman for the system...People type person. :rolleyes:

"Privledged to see"
What the hell does that mean...they are going to sell them right, or just give them to a few people??

I will be buying to replace my old system. Boost control is important. So how about reporting what you know instead of turning this thread into something it is not supposed to be.
My comment was directed to norbs. They will be sold to anyone who has the money to purchase one. The basis for my statement was don't compare two things when you have no expeirence with one of them. Boost builder is not boost control, the XFI has boost control, PWM like the factory Buick system. The boost builder that norbs speaks of is something completely different. Try reading before the posts entirely before you comment. As far as turning this thread into something it is not suppose to be, I think that already happen before I got here.

norbs,

the xfi has a "boost control"table included

boost control %duty cycle vs mph & tps

Originally posted by blownvette
What is a better system the BS3 or FAST XFI?

In so far as tuning, features, inputs, ect..

Does either system allow the tuner to lock the owner out of his program?
Better is a subjective word. Both systems have very similar options and capabilities. The BS3 has been out in the field for some time now with no reported problems. The XFI is brand new and has not been proven as of yet, it is though based on the old system which worked almost flawlessly for about 9 years now. They both tune about the same. The softwares just look different. Those of you familiar with the old C-Com WP software will like the new software since it is based upon the old with added features. Dealers have the capability of locking the programs if they feel necessary. Our opinion is that unless the system and the tune are part of a sponsorship or similar arrangement, it is not necessary to lock the customer out of their system which they paid for and paid for the tune. Customer had paid for a tune and it should be his decision whether he wants to share it or not.

Back