You can type here any text you want

Car is running on the new system

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I am not knocking thre xfi system at all. I am just trying to see what is the best value for me. I have the old fast box myself and need to upgrade to something with more capabilites. I will have to wait for an exact price then make my decision.

If the XFi does end up in the price range of the older high end setup.. I may be tempted to swap the R/T over to it, and use the old box on my Caddy since it sees little to no race gas, only when towing..

Caddy being Chevy truck with Caddy 500 punched .030 to 507.. in the front.. tow vehicle that does burnouts while towing! LOL

Hey Cal,

can you keep my posted on the XFi setup and if you work with Marty on it for the Dakota's.. my Stude project will be a slow build so I am sure that I will continue to tinker with the R/T some..

as long as I can get the trans to hold onto the shifts!!! It starts to shift at 5,000 right now.. and finally engages fully at 5800!!! Blown with methanol injection seems to be building huge torque in this thing! ;) :D :p

I like the fact the XFi is based on programming I am already familiar with.

Well, I just switched to the Gen 7 from a FAST and have nothing but good things to say about it. I have the motor on the dyno now and we have the Fuel MAP and tune 90% of the way there in two pulls. We are going to finish it up tom.

I would've went with the XFI but it wasn't available when I needed it last month and really isn't still available now. It also isn't really a proven piece and certianly hasn't been put through the rigors of racing.

Lonnie Diers has harnesses and so does Fast track performance. I don't understand why a jumper harness is hard to find for a Gen 7??

A linear WB02 is just that Linear. If you have the data points graphed and the ability to program them into the Gen 7 how is that not a matched system?

So far I haven't seen anything the XFI offers that the Gen 7 doesn't have other than more inputs. Which would be nice. I'm not crazy about the limited datalogging of the Gen 7 but I can live with it and it really isn't a hinderance. I still have a lot more to learn but it really isn't much different. The system cost me less than upgrading my old FAST, a BS3 and likely the mysteriosuly priced XFI.

I hope FAST does something about the help files and instructions. The GEN 7's is second to none. We had a wiring issue on the dyno and I can't tell you how nice it was to be able to pull up the wiring diagram from the Help files.

I talked to Mac about a month ago and he said he was not going to make harnesses any more. Have you talked to him lately or has he changed his mind ? How much does Lonnie Diers charge for a jumper harness ?

Mine came from Mac around the end of jan beginning of Feb. I know he had some health issues but he never indicated he was getting out of building harnesses for the Gen 7. He told me he was actually building more Gen 7 harnesses than FAST as of late. He even lent me a harness for the Dyno.

BTW We made well over 1000 HP on the dyno today with the Gen 7. Still very conservativen tune. I plan to do a write up for the BPG newletter and I'll share all the detials there. Learning a lot and will be on the dyno for most of this week testing.

I'm not saying I couldn't do it with the FAST also, just happy with the results so far.

Originally posted by turbobuick
for the Dyno.

BTW We made well over 1000 HP on the dyno today with the Gen 7. Still very conservativen tune. I plan to do a write up for the BPG newletter and I'll share all the detials there. Learning a lot and will be on the dyno for most of this week testing.

Chris
That number is awesome with champion heads I think Cal made around 920 hp and ran 8.50s I think your looking at some low-mid 8s. Jack Better step it up at salem this year even with a boost leak it could be a whoopin. Chris you still running that outdated watermelon 88.

That's engine dyno not chassis dyno, for what it's worth. I believe Cal's was RWHO on a chassis dyno. I will have all the detials in the BPG newsletter.

I still have the older 88 although I switched to a 4-bolt housing. I'm not convinced it was worth it and don't think I gained much over the 3-bolt.

Thanks

Chris
It sounds like you should be 900 plus hp at the ground that will still get you deep in the 8s those watermelon 88s are nasty everybody runs hard with them. Get it in the car get ready for Bowling Green :)

Back