You can type here any text you want

car missing

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Crazyx4

driving home from the store the engine started missing but no lights came on. checked car out today. fuel pres. 45,spark plugs-ok,no loose wires,tried to start the car but wouldn't unless I pushed the throttle down alittle. when it started,it acts as if was flooding (too much fuel).changed chip, didn't help.need some tips on what to check next?

Do you have a scanmaster or gauges so you can keep an eye on the engine / sensors instead of waiting for the ses light to come on? was the engine running hot? also could be the tps going bad.

A little history of the car may help with troubleshooting;mileage,work done,parts / sensors replaced, your location since it is now June and temps are going up and cars start running hotter.

John :smile:

500 miles on new rebuild. car never got hot 180 temp. will check tps and mass tomorrow. car had been running great, but started missing. sounds almost dead maybe coil pack or cam sensor cap? how to check them?

500 miles on new rebuild. car never got hot 180 temp. will check tps and mass tomorrow. car had been running great, but started missing. sounds almost dead maybe coil pack or cam sensor cap? how to check them?

You can do an ohm test on the coil pack it should read 11K - 13K ohms measure each pair probing front to rear.

Not sure if there is a way to test the cam sensor cap, i have never heard of one anyway.

John :)

I had this same problem when I first bought my car 3 years ago...Changed the MAF, plug wires, and spark plugs. Come to find out it was a cracked coil pack. Replaced it and car ran great!

valve spring broke on #6 intake. gn1 heads, k-motion springs, comp. roller 224, 1.65 scorpion rockers. never had it passed 12psi. 5800rpm?

Back