car running rich.

ulose2av6

anybody have idea why my car smells like fuel from the exhaust. i al running 55lbs injectors with translator plus, turbo tweak chip.fuel pressure is 42lbs vac line off. blm is around 133-135 70deg outside. does anyone think injector is bad or is this normal from running no cat? thanks guys

Same here with both my 40's and MSD 50's. When I put my Cat back on it clears up. I think it's something that you'll have to live with if you choose not to run a cat.

you think YOUR cars smell rich...my car will make you pass out it's that bad...i am also not running a cat...my blms are always pegged at 160 at idle and integrator is at 128-132 with the extender chip and translator with ls1 maf sensor and gnx o2 sensor

now when i cruise around the blm number goes down to 136 and at WOT both numbers are locked at 128

i have no exhaust leaks...checked everywhere for vacuum leaks...i have had this problem for years...never have been able to figure out why my car uses so much fuel at idle...performance wise the car runs like a rocket...

Originally posted by ulose2av6
yep thats what my car smells like. my hair even smells of fuel. lol

For that reason alone is why I don't drive my car to work too often. Sometimes I'll go as far as putting my highflow 3" cat back on just to drive it. My wife always complians that I smell like exhuast when I cruise in the GN.

Frank

Originally posted by d0n_3d
you think YOUR cars smell rich...my car will make you pass out it's that bad...i am also not running a cat...my blms are always pegged at 160 at idle and integrator is at 128-132 with the extender chip and translator with ls1 maf sensor and gnx o2 sensor

now when i cruise around the blm number goes down to 136 and at WOT both numbers are locked at 128

i have no exhaust leaks...checked everywhere for vacuum leaks...i have had this problem for years...never have been able to figure out why my car uses so much fuel at idle...performance wise the car runs like a rocket...

Have you noticed any change in your BLMs when your cat is on?

nope...with cat on the blms are still stuck at 160 at idle only...god only knows HOW i passed emissions just recently!!! i didn't even have EGR enabled in the extender chip!!!:confused:

Originally posted by d0n_3d
nope...with cat on the blms are still stuck at 160 at idle only...god only knows HOW i passed emissions just recently!!! i didn't even have EGR enabled in the extender chip!!!:confused:

I still have the same problem and can't figure it out. mine peg to 150 then while cruising they come back down.

i have changed every singe part imaginable on my car in the last 2 years and i have still had the same problem since stock...maybe it's internal related like a leaky intake gasket inside or something...who knows...

just curious why you would think intake would be leaking? its coming out of the exhaust. I pulled heated o2 and put back stocker and smell still there. going back to heated idle and car felt like a rock. with the stock o2 car felt lazy and had to get going before turbo would kick in