Car runs dies and runs again??

justin7t

It turn out to be the battery was no good so I got a new one and it ran fine until all my buddys were ready to go the the track I put the petal to the metal and then it dies again ??I had to wait for 6 min for it to start back up then I took it strait home as fast as I could. The spark plug wires might not be good 2 of them look a little burnt but idles fine ?? WHAT COULD THIS BE THE CRANK AND CAM SENSOR HAS BEEN REPLACE 2 YEARS AGO MABYE THEY MESSED UP AGAIN ??? I AM THINKING TO REPLACE CAM,CRANK SENSOR & COIL PACK WITH NEW SPARK WIRES WHAT TO YOU ALL THINK ???

I have seen similar issues with a bad maf.....it dies and then restarts a little while later like nothing happened

I just bought a modual today lets see if the was the problem ($100). It should not be my MAF because I have 2 of them one is LS1 with translator and the other is a cheap auto zone one.

It could be a lot of things. Possibly the module or any number of sensors or fuel pump or just about anything. Does it just die, or stumble and gradually die?

After about 15 min of driving when it gets hot it will just shut off and not crank over for about 6 minute of waiting.I took it to conleys performance plus 2 years ago and they put a new cam sensor in and I think a crank sensor also I am pretty sure like I said it was 2 years ago and it fixed the problem but 6 months later my cam loped out and turbo seal started to leak. So my car did not run for 1 1/2 years.I AM PUTTING THE MODULE ON TODAY I WILL LET YOU ALL NO IF IT FIXES THE PROBLEM.

It won't crank over on the starter? It would have to be battery connections, cables, ignition switch or starter/connections. When it quits running, do your other systems like headlights, idiot lights, etc. still function? If not I would look at connections or the positive battery cable near the headers.