You can type here any text you want

Car Show and Drag in Homestead

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Good news...

seems all the rumors about the track down South are becoming reality. 1/8th mile is a good beginning and 1/4 to follow soon afterwards. I've been looking forward to this for a long time. I hope they are very succesfull.

"Boooost" is down, fine tunning for the Nationals, but I'll be attending and supporting.:cool:

Originally posted by jsta6
Alex, club going?

I am not particularly interested in attending, since I suspect it will be a rice fest. However, once the track is up and going, we can arrange a track night there, to "evaluate" the place. ;)

-Alex

I went. 1/8th mile was a joke. You had to make a U turn after the burnout to line up at the tree and only one car at a time. No concrete launch pad either.

I guess it's a start though. Anything is better than the hike to W. Palm.

Any news on the possibility of a full 1/4 mile?

Was there good grip? Could you launch with major boost? Was it a rice-fest? How many runs did you get in and how long were you there for? How was the dyno?

Where is the 1/8 mile track at in relation to the speedway?

I went there was no traction! Trying to run the Buick would be a waste of time, hell I spun in my truck but still managed to get 8.95 @ 84 mph. Now ask me about the bikini contest , especially sunday evening when the rain started....totally outa hand.

I took my car, and it never came off the trailer. It was a rice-fest, but there were some serious cars out there. Just none of them able to run any serious times. I was told that the Homestead officials did not want VHT on the lane because it is too difficult to clean up. You could do better on the street with a bottle of VHT on hand. After what I saw, it will never be a real track with such a reluctance to do things right. The 1/8 mile was a portable set of lights set up on a pit road that ran parallel to the straight-away. No concrete launch pad........etc
:rolleyes:

Originally posted by ShouldofhadaV-8
I took my car, and it never came off the trailer. It was a rice-fest, but there were some serious cars out there. Just none of them able to run any serious times. I was told that the Homestead officials did not want VHT on the lane because it is too difficult to clean up. You could do better on the street with a bottle of VHT on hand. After what I saw, it will never be a real track with such a reluctance to do things right. The 1/8 mile was a portable set of lights set up on a pit road that ran parallel to the straight-away. No concrete launch pad........etc
:rolleyes:

Sounds like a joke, that I predicted.:o :rolleyes: It's really a sad state of affairs when a big city like Miami along with the state of FL can't muster up the $$$ to build a real track to keep the racing off the street, but will hire more cops and make laws that punish street racers with felonies that are worse then getting a DUI!?!:eek: :mad:

Very well put blackshoebox. I didn't take my Buick and am glad I didn't after I saw the track and how badly the cars were spinning.

I didn't even bother racing my girlfriends Lightning "the tow vehicle" (12.61 @ 108 on pump gas) which is what I drove there in.

I guess all we can do now is hope and pray that they build a REAL drag strip.

Back