You can type here any text you want

Car shuts off while driving

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Geezy

Not sure if this in the proper section, I apologize in advance,
My 87 buick Grandnational used to choke on cold start , but after changing the maf pipe and filter to a k&n it stopped, now it chokes when Im driving ,after driving under high rpms and boos it will shut off and oil and service engine idiot lights turn on,once I put it in park It starts right up, any help would be greatly appreciated.normal driving has no issues
Thank you in advance and sorry for posting in incorrect section if its weong

Scanmaster or PL logs to view?? W/out.. U R pretty much asking folks to guess. This can/will lead to you throwing parts at it, hoping some part will fix it.
How about some history on the car, how it's built, yadda, yadda.

Scanmaster or PL logs to view?? W/out.. U R pretty much asking folks to guess. This can/will lead to you throwing parts at it, hoping some part will fix it.
How about some history on the car, how it's built, yadda, yadda.
No scanmaster yet, and car is compeletly stock, No modifications and car had been sitting for 12 years prior to June 2016, complete tune up done , brakes, fule pump changed. That it. Thank you for th somewhat help.

Without scanmaster your're pretty much in the dark. One thing I found after 3+ years of trying different fixes on my 87 T was changing the chip. Even though I have a scanmaster, I was throwing $$ at it trying to get it running right. I improved the idle then it started stalling at every red light. After changing chips, most of the problems went away. Just some thoughts.

Injectors are more than likely gummed up. I would give them a closer look.

Without scanmaster your're pretty much in the dark. One thing I found after 3+ years of trying different fixes on my 87 T was changing the chip. Even though I have a scanmaster, I was throwing $$ at it trying to get it running right. I improved the idle then it started stalling at every red light. After changing chips, most of the problems went away. Just some thoughts.
Never did this before, unitil I changed the Maf pipe. Once I did that, idles smoother and engine is very quiet.

My guess would be a bad MAF sensor.
Try tapping on it with a screwdriver handle while it's running.
If the engine stumbles that's the issue. A scanmaster or a scan tool is the first thing you should buy for these cars.

My guess would be a bad MAF sensor.
Try tapping on it with a screwdriver handle while it's running.
If the engine stumbles that's the issue. A scanmaster or a scan tool is the first thing you should buy for these cars.
Will do, I have a boost a pump kenne bell system, not sure if switching it on will help? I have never really driven the car hard since taking it out of storage in june.

Injectors are more than likely gummed up. I would give them a closer look.
Will do, I also have a kenne bell boost a pump I didnt turn on while driving it, only shuts off when I am driving the car 65pmh and hitting boost. Under regular stop and go no issues

Back