You can type here any text you want

Car stalling?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Esasky's85GN

RACE ME WITH WHAT?
Ok guys,

Heres a good one for you. I got the car running pretty good. When I throttle up the car, and it comes back to idle, it stumbles and sometimes stalls out. I am running a 3000 stall and it seems like when you get the RPM's up to move the car, after you leave off the gas, it stall as well.... Any suggestions?

Spank

:D

stallout

Hi,
It seems to me that what you might have here is a case of throttle body coking. Try cleaning the TB and IAC, then go through the idle reset procedure. What are your IAC counts? You have a scanner, of course?
Dale

Car is still doing it.... Now the car is running extremely rich! I pulled both the TPS and IAC plugs and the car didnt do a damn thing. No stumble nothing. It is also stalling out pretty bad too.... Any other suggestions?

Spank

UPDATE!!!

Spank here, FINALLY found the problem with the car...;) It seems that like a GM G-bodies, there is a problem with the windshield "springing" a leak.... The windshield leaks right at the bottom of the passenger's side, runs down the inside of the interior compartment, and right into the computer wiring harness! My whole harness, chip and computer were smoked! :eek: The good news is, THE CAR IS FIXED NOW!!!! Thank you very much to Jay and Bobby over at Jays GN in Hunker, PA!!!! (Check out his website (www.jaysgn.com) Could'nt have done it with out them!

Spank

Back