You can type here any text you want

car transporting

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

cimi4749

I just bought a car from NJ... I live in NY.. I was wondering if anyone has ever dealt with any of these auto transporting compainies... thanks for your help

sorry it took so long to reply.. right now i have someone to ship it... but we shall see.. the reason i cant pick it up is becuase it is a 3 hour trip to get there without traffic or stops... and lets do the math... i dont have a single day off... im either at work all day or at school learning the wonders of the aviation industry... all in all i have about 2 hours free on any day.. plus id have to find someone to drive me there at like 10 at night.... then wake the guy up who is only selling the car becuase he and his wife just had a kid... so that wouldnt be right knocking on his door at 1 in the morning to pick it up... anyway ill pm pnyklr if i have any trouble with this shipper.. thanks guys

What about if you left earlier - rented a trailer ? How much is shipping going to cost?

Originally posted by cimi4749
then wake the guy up who is only selling the car becuase he and his wife just had a kid... so that wouldnt be right knocking on his door at 1 in the morning to pick it up...

I see nothing wrong with knocking on the guys door at 1 in the morning. If the guy wants it sold, I'm sure he wouldn't mind, especially if he gets it sold sooner. If he wants to sell it, he shouldn't mind. As long as you made arrangements ahead of time.

Brian

If you don't have 2 hours to pick the car up, when do you plan to drive it? Seems like a waste of money to me.

i got a guy to ship it for me for 125... everyone online was at least double that... thank god for being a new yorker..... everyone knows somebody.. as for renting a trailer... wow have u ever seen a k-car with a trailer on the back... the car is becoming a daily driver... like 10 miles a day so dont go crazy on me.. i already looked at it thuroughly and gave it the ol gnttype.org check list... being in college is much different then highschool.. u get a month off to do nothing with urself then the semester starts up again and ur going nuts.... then think of the ride back after picking a car up at 1 in the morning... haul a$$ and have fun but go to class in the morning like a frigin zombie... because it takes 3 hours to get there.. then 3 hours back.... besides... it may be more during the week.. those of u who dont know NYC id suggest asking anyone the best time to go through the Lincoln Tunnel.... most would say NEVER

$125 is a steal !! If I went with you the trailer would cost $50 to rent (u-haul), tolls and gas would probably be more then $125
Hope it all works out

thanks chris.... it should work out.... as far as this guy goes he is a friend of the family who transported my uncle's Challenger up from florida... the car came off the truck got a quick wipe down and took 3rd in a mopar show... so i trust him... thanks for the concern
joe

ha ha three hour trip! i wish! i'm in the process of getting an 86 t-type from Oregon to Rhode Island! 4600 miles and $1300 bucks later it will be here.

wow... i didnt even think about trying to look at a car that far away for that reason alone

I bought my GN in maryland - I think it cost me about $200 for the U-haul truck and trailer

Back