Car won't run

Lt4-turbo

About a month ago I pulled my 87 Grand National out of my garage so that I could put in a 1969 Corvette that I just bought. Two days later I went to start up the GN and it wouldn't start. It has a walbro 340 fuel pump less than a year old in it and I could hear it running. The car sound like it is about to fire up but just won't. What could it be? What should I try first. I guess that is what I get for putting the Corvette in the garage instead of the GN. THanks, Jon

Yeah, shame on you!;) I always have liked the 60's Vettes though.:)

I guess the first thing to check for is spark. Do you have it? Is the battery fully charged?
Verify that fuel is actually getting to the motor via the shrader valve in the fuel rail. Of course the pump must be running to check this.

Make sure the positive battery cable is securely attached to the block.

Coil pack? Module? Verify spark & fuel first & maybe we can help you out further.:)

Look at the easy stuff first....fuses. I did the same thing except with my double jet ski trailer. Mine was the CCCI fuse. Thought I checked them all and still missed it.

Hey, if fuel and spark checks out ok, then put new plugs in. How old are the wires? or it just may need a good crank with a jump or fully charged battery. Good luck!

Thanks for the replys. I did check the fuses all were good and the wires and plugs are less than a year old. I charged the battery up to what showed a full charge on my charger but it sure drained fast with a few cranks.
Thanks, Jon

Not knowing your abilities. Us good ole boys take the #1 plug wire off and stick a screw driver in the plug wire and lay it on a ground. Turn the motor over and see if ya got spark.
If yes OK then maybe no fuel, if no, check voltage a coil pack. The CCCI has to see the cam and crank sensors before it puts out voltage.
Easy way to check fuel at least in rails is burp the valve and the end of the fuel rail, use caution and all that!

Go here they have diagrams and all for no start problems
http://www.gnttype.org/techarea/maintenance/maintpage.html

Better yet, hook up your scantool (your do have a scantool don't you? ) and see if the RPM reading ever exceeds zero. It should go up to 400 on the starter motor alone and then start and climb to ~1,000. the multitude of no-start-condition analysis charts will also pinpoint the problem.

If the battery is losing its charge real quick after you left it on a charger for over 8 hours...you prolly got a bad battery. Auto parts sotres check those for free.

update, Today I charged up another battery that I had and put it on the car. I took off a plug wire not sure if it was #1 it was the one furthest away from the steering wheel on the driver side and put my screw driver in it. When I cranked it the car started. I drove around the block a couple of times and I have started it about five times since. I guess the battery was just bad but I had tried to jump start it several times and charged the old battery I don't know how many times in the last month.Thanks for the help let me know if you still think I might have a problem.

Thanks again,
Jon

I bet ya saw lots of spark when it cranked up.......ummmm pretty colors!