You can type here any text you want

car wont stay running help please?????

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

js402

So ive got an 86 gn that has some mods. 40lb injectors w supporting chip, accufab fpr, hotwire, racetronix 255lph pump, dual fan 160 thermostat. Remanf. Maf, k&n cone filter ,new coil pack and plugs

Turbo stock and so is the rest of the motor. Car starts, runs for a second and dies. If i guve it gas before it dies it pops loudly. Runs real rough fo the few seconds it does run. Blm peggged at 160 and fiuel pressure is 45 line off.

How long has the reman MAF been on the car? Any work just done to the car? Some more history my help?

I font run a scan master, i use the aldl droid. Numbers were all fine except blm. Pegged at 160. Maf just went on the car 2 days ago as well as coil pack and plugs. Chip and injectors 2 weeks ago. I unplugged the new maf and it ran fine just had a slight miss...

The reman MAFs are known to be a crap shoot on TRs. The coil pack may give you problems too. We're the old parts bad? If not exchange them one at a time to eliminate the problems. The MAF may be all your problems, make sure to reset the ECM so the chip can relearn with out bad input!

The old coil pack wasnt bad but there a lot of corrosion on some of the posts. The maf seems to be the issue so ill try another tomorrow. Thought about upgtading to a ls maf and Was offered a gen 2 translator but i know nothing about tuning.

The old coil pack wasnt bad but there a lot of corrosion on some of the posts. The maf seems to be the issue so ill try another tomorrow. Thought about upgtading to a ls maf and Was offered a gen 2 translator but i know nothing about tuning.
I don't run a translator but I believe there are standard settings on the dip switches so it is plug and play. It is probably you best alternative. I tested some reman MAFs and I am reunning one from Kirban performance it is 2 years old. The rest I had no luck with, I have my original 40k MAF stored like it is gold! Lol. Just preserving the stock look with my GN!

Last edited:
Mine had the original maf but then ot threw a code 34 so i swapped it and now there are no codes bit still a bad maf. I unplugged it and started it and its running kinda ok but still rough without the maf.

If you don't have your original MAF I would return the reman and go with the translator and LS MAF.

That's exactly how mine behaved when I forgot to plug the MAF in

Now if i was to drop the factory maf and go with a ls/lt and translator would i have to get a new chip as well? I currently have a baileys commander chip.

I don't believe you will net to change the chip. You can PM Bob Bailey, he is Turbo Bob he will answer your questions and probably tell you the best setting on the translator.

Back