You can type here any text you want

carb 17083455

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jimski

In over my head
Need a decent running carb for the 83 turbo engine i think the part number is 17083455. I need Some thing that has not been tampered with in any way shape or form. If anyone has one send pics to my pm

Thanks

Need a decent running carb for the 83 turbo engine i think the part number is 17083455. I need Some thing that has not been tampered with in any way shape or form. If anyone has one send pics to my pm

Thanks

If and only if you can find any 170 carb that's not worn out. Get it. Whether its been tampered with or not.
As long as it isn't worn out you can always fix it. Just my opinion.
Good luck

If and only if you can find any 170 carb that's not worn out. Get it. Whether its been tampered with or not.
As long as it isn't worn out you can always fix it. Just my opinion.
Good luck

Someone has to have one, Charlie do you have on that you want to get rid of, an untampered example.

Charlie do you have on that you want to get rid of, an untampered example.

I've only got 1 original off my 83 Jim. I can put the parts together and make one that would work but I don't think it will be an original. It would work right but not the right number on the car.

I'm not sure he believes me charlie...?.:D

It wouldn't even need to be a 170 series Ronnie, it just needs to be an E4ME with either inlet on it.;) I think Jim is looking for the specific one for resto though.

They can be restored but if he can just find a core that isn't worn out it will save him quit a bit.

Did a little digging in the parts room and found a 17081243 that should work fine. It's never been overhauled before and the plugs are still in the base.

Back