You can type here any text you want

Carfax listing: "1989 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM/GTA SE" for a tta?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Gary Wells

White turbo Buick trailer park trash
Is this how everybody;s tta is listed on carfax?

"1989 PONTIAC FIREBIRD TRANS AM/GTA SE"

Originally posted by macatoni
Ya but i cant get anything to pull up on the vin i got!!!
-------------------------------------------------
Wells

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Its just very annoying to deal with. I know there should be a report because the seller says there was one on carfax when he bought the car. He has owned it for six years and put under 10k on it. Im fairly sure its car number 1420 but not 100% or even 75% sure of that...
David
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-----------------------------------------------------------------
FWIW & IMHO:
Sounds like somebody has their storylines cross dressed. It is very doubtful that it was on carfax but is not now. That would worry me, Carfax is capable of making mistakes, but it seems to me that it would be doubtful that they would list it and then lose it. Did you run a carfax and what exactly did the carfax say in regards to records. No records whatsoever? There's gotta be something on it. Such as everytime the owner renews liscense plates, loc of DMV, date, what dmv station?

'98 Honda CBR1100XX, 1.2K miles
Garage prostitutes, to the max

Report this post to a moderator | IP: Logged
----------------------------------------------------

Say, Dave, you're not trolling here, are you?
I left this response on your other post in the stolen/vin check section but got no response.
Fess up.
Doesn't it show anything at all?
Are you sure you scrolled all of the way to the bottom of the report?
All of them say that at the top.

hehehe

Wells,

I know where there is one you wouldnt have to run a carfax on:D

Its seems like BS to me. It says that exists but there are zero reports... It is very fishy. I am trying to see if i got the VIN wrong but i believe its right because it still says its a trans am 3.8 turbo!
I am going to confirm the VIN with the seller...
I am a fool for not writing down the number while i was there! But the car is what it is and i just want to make sure its got a clean title...

Wells or John one of you guys want to try and run it? Ill PM you the VIN if your willing...

And also sorry for the lack of resonse in the other post...got real busy

David

Its seems like BS to me. It says that exists but there are zero reports... It is very fishy. I am trying to see if i got the VIN wrong but i believe its right because it still says its a trans am 3.8 turbo!
I am going to confirm the VIN with the seller...
I am a fool for not writing down the number while i was there! But the car is what it is and i just want to make sure its got a clean title...

Wells or John one of you guys want to try and run it? Ill PM you the VIN if your willing...

And also sorry for the lack of resonse in the other post...got real busy

David
--------------------------------------------------------------
FWIW & IMHO:
I can't run it as I do not have a carfax account. I generally just post the vin no on stolen/vin check section and request if somebody can run it for me. Did you run the report request or did the seller, or someeone else? Did the seller e-mail you the no or did he give you the no by phone conversation? I would ask him to e-mail you the no. How has the seller had the car? I would also give the seller a chance to explain the unusual carfax report, and see if his explaination is plausible. Does the seller know more than he is letting on? That is generally the case. Nothing foolish about "heat of the moment" things, either. Happens to all of us. Keep us informed of the outcome so that we may avoid the same pitfall. HTH.

my carfax acount is old macatoni,,,sorry.

he emailed me the number. I think its off because when i cut and paste it wont run. When i change just one letter that could have been a 1 from and L it runs but says there is no reports. Im gonna post it in the stolen section and see what happens. The seller has owned the car for 6 years now. I am the one running the carfax...
David

FWIW & IMHO:
I would still contact the owner/seller and explain the problem to him, and see what he says. If he can't resolve the problem, then about the only deduction that could come from this is something is really wrong. Have you compared the number-letter arrangment & sequencing with that of a known good tta vin no.
There should be several good examples of the number-letter arrangement & sequencing on some of the ttas for sale on e-bay & autotrader on line.

Well it was an inncocent mistake. Just a few numbers off from the email. Got it to run and it as a clean title! Thanks for putting up with my complaining guys. Now can anyone tell me what production number this one is? 1G5FW2175KL248043

David

contact

pontiac Historical Services for the #, they send out a very nice letter confirming the build number and lots of dealer promo items.

Ty

Back