Carlsbad Raceway future

Originally posted by wiked87gn
its about time they closed down that SH** hole..

What did Carlsbad do to you that you want to see it gone?:confused:

I feel for the local guys that had a place to take their cars for some fun. A few of us made the 800 mile round trip to spend a weekend with friends, and of course have fun at Carlsbad.

It really was not that bad a track, considering for a long time it has exsisted on a month-to-month basis.

Sad to see another chapter in drag racing history close.:(

Originally posted by Nick Micale
What did Carlsbad do to you that you want to see it gone?:confused:

I feel for the local guys that had a place to take their cars for some fun. A few of us made the 800 mile round trip to spend a weekend with friends, and of course have fun at Carlsbad.

It really was not that bad a track, considering for a long time it has exsisted on a month-to-month basis.

Sad to see another chapter in drag racing history close.:(

Nick if you ever met the owner he is one of the biggest Fu***** A**H*** ever, and comon if you go to a track you at least expect some decent bleachers to sit on, you can even sit on those things they are falling apart not to mention u gotta be afraid to get some Splinters up in your rear when u get up , if i was to own that land it would make a perfect trash DUMP for the city of carlsbad, i do agree it was nice seeing you all, but on the other hand i rather go to irwindale or fontana for some racing over that trashy track anytime..

Originally posted by wiked87gn
Nick if you ever met the owner he is one of the biggest Fu***** A**H*** ever, and comon if you go to a track you at least expect some decent bleachers to sit on, you can even sit on those things they are falling apart not to mention u gotta be afraid to get some Splinters up in your rear when u get up , if i was to own that land it would make a perfect trash DUMP for the city of carlsbad, i do agree it was nice seeing you all, but on the other hand i rather go to irwindale or fontana for some racing over that trashy track anytime..

The guys running the track could not make any improvements to the facility as stated in the lease agreement. Improvements to the road or bleachers would triger a reasseasment of the property.
Jeff