You can type here any text you want

Carnage, What causes this?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Well if the cam has close to .500 lift the guides may need to be cut. Need to check the installed spring pressure. Check the installed height. I'm sure it can be done without checking but I want to maintain good rocker geometry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm no expert. If I have misspoken please correct me

At the very least you need to verify that the springs are correct for the application and that there is adequate clearance between the retainer and exhaust guide. If the heads are already ported it stands to reason the exhaust guides have been cut down and have a positive exhaust seal but I wouldn't take anything for granted. If you opt for the roller cam you will alleviate the possibility of failure that comes with having a flat tappet cam. With that being said you don't need a roller cam to achieve your goal of running 10.99 either.

Neal

Those head gaskets were widely used in the early 90s so im not surprised to see that. I was using them back in the day myself. There was not much to choose from back then.
As far as the bearings, How many miles on it since the build? If it was built in the early 90s and beat on for 20 years it may just be worn the heck out. Probably seen PLENTY of detonation
in its time.

Yeah i dropped the heads off to be reworked for the roller cam

Back