You can type here any text you want

cars running like crap

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
What does the engine do wrong? You say that "it runs like crap"? How does it run like crap? At idle. At cruz. Under load or boost. Does it pop? The more info you give us, the more we can help. We're just not sure what your having a problem with:confused: .

Where do you live?

Mike Barnard

it doesnt pop but doesnt idle very well kinda shaky
could u explain what those numbers mean please

Dude!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you answer our questions, we'll try and help you.

* Did you check for vacume leaks at ALL hoses and check valves?

* Why do you think the turbo is bad (is it smoking, leaking, making a bad noise)?

* Other than at idle, does it run great?

* Did it run good before? Did you change parts? Was there an "event" where it started running bad?

I'm going to bed. May not be able to post tomorrow. If you want our help, you got to throw us some bones here.

Good luck.

Being that it was running really rich at first I think it jacked the bearings up it spits oil out but motor idles alot better but still stalls a little I guess its working better than yesterday. By any chance could my spark plugs make it run worse.they may b filthy after trying to burn all that fuel

The Grand National / T-Type / Turbo Regal Buick Spring Cleaning Guide Go here and do some spring cleaning. Also do alot of reading over there. We can help you, but you cant keep jumping all over the place. Do ONE thing at a time. If your concerned about your turbo being shot, take the intake tube off and check the compressor shaft for play, and spin it to see wheather its scraping at all. Check your vac lines, PUT new plugs and wires on it, Get NGK UR5 spark plugs from autozone and gap them at 32. Get a can of MAF cleaner and clean your mass airflow sensor. Get some carb clean and clean your IAC, and throttle body. An get a new aircleaner to. These are all good STARTING POINTS, keep it simple.

i put brand new plugs in and keep getting carbon buildup car fires right up
car was running fine then i replaced the bottom end for a 4.1 291 .40 over stock crank rods 204/214 cam.the rest is stock .
got new plugs fired it up let it warm up and these r my numbers

o2 reads from 400-700 stay mostly under 650
af 07
l8 51
bat 13.9
int 112-122
bl 128
mph 00
clt 148
ats 76
r 750-850
tps.42
iac 84
cc goes all the way up to 250 then starts counting from 1 again
no error codes
i even bought a new iac valve

i put brand new plugs in and keep getting carbon buildup car fires right up
car was running fine then i replaced the bottom end for a 4.1 291 .40 over stock crank rods 204/214 cam.the rest is stock .
got new plugs fired it up let it warm up and these r my numbers

o2 reads from 400-700 stay mostly under 650
af 07
l8 51
bat 13.9
int 112-122
bl 128
mph 00
clt 148
ats 76
r 750-850
tps.42
iac 84
cc goes all the way up to 250 then starts counting from 1 again
no error codes
i even bought a new iac valve

adjust your iac to 20ish then redo your tps because it will change do this when at fully warmed temperature

i try to adjust but the lowest it lets me go is 70ish so the lowest im able to get it is like 77 i tried to reset but no luck

when i try to reset i ground terminals a and b then i wait 30 sec disconnect the iac connector the car turns on but doesnt stay on with out me pushing the gas could this be a problem with the cam sensor being off or is that normal

when i try to reset i ground terminals a and b then i wait 30 sec disconnect the iac connector the car turns on but doesnt stay on with out me pushing the gas could this be a problem with the cam sensor being off or is that normal
cant start with it disconected. i just start it and adjust it a 1/4 turn at a time and let idle settle then keep adjusting till i get 20ish then i reset tps sensor.

Back